I don't know if I relapsed or not :(

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I don't know if I relapsed or not :(

Postby knitter89 » 01 Oct 2013, 08:55

So I thought I was cured (hurray!). No blood, no pain, just the odd tinge or tightness feeling during a BM. The last two days when I've had a BM though, there was no pain during or after or anything, but there was a little bit of blood on the toilet paper and stool :( Is it normal to on occasion to have a slight bit of blood during a BM when you've had a fissure in the past? This makes me so sad, I thought I was done with this. I hope this relapse doesn't last long.
knitter89
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: I don't know if I relapsed or not :(

Postby Scientist2516 » 01 Oct 2013, 09:01

Could be an internal hemorrhoid. They bleed. Hopefully that's all it is. I'm sorry!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby Deleted User 2950 » 01 Oct 2013, 09:23

Hi knitter89

You may not have to worry too much about a little blood in stools or on TP when you tought you were healing as, YES, indeed this is normal.

I've been through that msylf and yes it is a little disconcerting to see those reds streaks when you have no pain or other symptoms. Back when I had that experience, everything went well and healing commenced with no further complications.

Actually we get asked this question quite a lot and the consenses is that those streaks of blood are simply caused by slight stretching of the healing scab area from our bm that lets a little blood ooze out. Kinda like a corner of a scab wound on your arm oozing out a little blood after you prick it a few times.

So hoefully this is all thats happening with you, but as Scientist2516 says there may be a chance its a hemmy or something but lets hope not.

So when did you first get this fissure?

GL
Deleted User 2950

Postby Ever the Optimist » 01 Oct 2013, 10:08

Hi Knitter!
Please don't panic! It's more than likely you have not relapsed in any way as this can be completely normal.......
Butt has explained that really well - The main issue is the pain. If that's decreasing, use this as a sign that you are actually getting better and it actually sounds like you're doing really well, so don't worry too much.
If it is a hem, with continuing TLC to your bottom & no stressing & straining, it will hopefully ease up - they bleed very easily with some pressure (straining or harsh wiping) but they mostly don't hang around too long if you are taking good care to stick to good toilet habits leading to soft stools......
All the very best to you....
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Now66 » 02 Oct 2013, 20:06

After nearly a year of natural healing, I can, on rare occasion, find a tint of blood on the tissue - especially with a large, though soft, stool. I have consoled myself to thinking I should not be alarmed by this. The skin on the back of my hands tears and bruises very easily at my age. So why should I think this fissure area is any tougher. I am essentially pain free, so I am not alarmed.
Now66
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby knitter89 » 08 Oct 2013, 07:16

I was initially diagnosed November 2012, but I know I had it much longer...two or three years, but I was too scared to go to the doctor. My doctor said I had a lot of scar tissue and at least three fissures and was shocked when I healed up with diltiazem after a couple months.

It's been a week now, no blood :) I am a little achy after a BM but it doesn't last long and is very tolerable. It makes me very happy. When I think back to the week before I saw the blood, I did stray from my diet, so I'm going to stay optimistic and go back to my diet.
knitter89
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Now66 » 08 Oct 2013, 09:05

I find a dab of Vasoline pre-lube immediately before a BM seems to eliminate any chance of blood on the tissue. I got caught off guard this weekend, had to really go, no Vasoline around and no time anyway - and there was the telltale red on the tissue again. So I'm thin skinned. At least I know why.
Now66
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby rbloom » 08 Oct 2013, 09:26

I would not worry. Keep doing what you are doing and also closely watch what new activity(s) or food might have caused this to happen. For instance, did you bike a bit harder, or exercised for longer than usual hours at the gym. Then you may ease up a bit on whatever activity that you perhaps newly introduced to your lifestyle.
rbloom