Seem almost healed, but ...

Sentinel pile woes

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Seem almost healed, but ...

Postby leahnola » 06 Oct 2013, 13:43

After 5 months, I have no more spasms, and I thought I was just about healed thanks to a week or more on Dilziatem, which quickly made a difference. But now my sentinel pile has suddenly swollen huge and hard. It's about like my pinky finger! I don't know if it's ever been this big, painful and uncomfortable. What can help it shrink? Why would it flare when I'm almost healed?
leahnola
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Seem almost healed, but ...

Postby Deleted User 2950 » 07 Oct 2013, 11:21

Hi leahnola

When did you notice this flare up. Was it after a bm. Do you have any other conditions that may have caused the flare up like IBS. Try soaking the area in the tub a few times a day if you can.

Brand name 'Tag Away' (if your pile is small enough, look into it) from walmart some people have had success with it. Aloe, chamomile and white oak helps many too.

More idea and helps from previous post click here....

t1014-sentinel-pile

GL
Deleted User 2950

Postby leahnola » 07 Oct 2013, 13:21

Thank you so much, bt! I am at the hospital with my daughter this week, who had surgery. In the family room where we sleep, I can sometimes get a 10-minute soak in my sitz bath. But they do have a shower with a handheld nozzle, which I will jump in as needed if it's not occupied. I am so grateful for answered prayer about my spasms being gone. I do feel a slight sting occasionally. I don't know if that is a fissure or the tag stinging. So I am applying Dilziatem and pain medication after each cleaning. I am actually able to get decent food - lots of veggies, salad, baked fish, grilled chicken, Cheerios and fruit, etc. Things have been smooth so far these past 4 days. If it wasn't for this tag/pile, I would be great. It is so huge. There is no way to clean around it without water, and I carry my donut pillow everywhere. My pride has to be swallowed. I have never been diagnosed with IBS, but I feel I've had it since my 20's, (30 years ago). I have lived with diarrhea most of that time. Treatment for this fissure caused me to have the best movements ever. :)
Most importantly, my daughter is doing great and recovering better than expected. God is good. <3
leahnola
Fibre Addict

Postby leahnola » 07 Oct 2013, 13:31

Oh, and to answer another question, I noticed the flare during a BM. I think I wasn't soaking or showering that area enough here at the hospital, so it may have gotten irritated. The first couple of days I hadn't figured out the bathroom situation yet.
leahnola
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 2950 » 07 Oct 2013, 15:02

Yeah leahnola

Just having a bm may have something to do with your flare-ups too. The less pushing and straining the better.

Its good to hear that your daughter is doing better than expected also, my heart goes out to you two.
Looks like you've found a nice little niche there in the hospital and I hope the rest of your stay only gets better.

You must really be relieved from those spasms and lets hope they take a permanent vacation from you soon. They are so off and on-ish though, so make sure you do not run out of the Diltiazem.

The slight stinging is most natural for us and is probably from the healing fissure site. I now you cant wait to get back home with your daughter and we'll keep our finger crossed and prayers ascending that there will be no complicatin for you and especially your daughter once you'all are back home.

May God bless you Leahnola and your Daughter with a speedy recovery... :fairy:
Deleted User 2950

Postby leahnola » 07 Oct 2013, 19:26

Thank you!
Last edited by leahnola on 07 Oct 2013, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.
leahnola
Fibre Addict

Postby vdb324 » 07 Oct 2013, 19:47

I had the same thing these past two weeks, leahnola. But, it seems to have calmed down, so I hope the same for you. Praying for you and your daughter on your road to recovery!
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52

Postby leahnola » 07 Oct 2013, 20:45

Thank you, vdb, for those encouraging words and the prayers. :)
leahnola
Fibre Addict

Postby leahnola » 08 Oct 2013, 15:51

vb324, did you do anything special to help your tag calm down (medications), or did it just recede on its own? Mine has gotten big before and then gone down on its own, but not quite this big. I don't remember how long it took to recede on those occasions. This is so odd, because the first night I used the Diltiazem, the tag, which had been slightly swollen, completely shrunk overnight. It was wonderful. Now it is the opposite after just a couple of weeks.
leahnola
Fibre Addict