Strange Itching triggered another fissure/hem episode?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Can your fissure be seen by external examination?

Yes
42%
Just about
27%
No (not even when fully stretched)
31%

Total votes : 45

Strange Itching triggered another fissure/hem episode?

Postby east_1234 » 22 Oct 2013, 14:53

I had a colonoscopy at the beginning of this month, and before that I was really worried that it would worsen my fissure (but I was more worried that they found something further up). Thankfully, the colonoscopy went ok and they didn’t find any polyps or anything. But since I was so worried, I forgot to ask them to look at my fissure too. (they don’t usually care about abnormalities around the anorectal region. All my problems are inside and can’t be seen from external examination, but probably not high enough for them to care)

A week before the colonscopy, I was worried sick. To add insult to injury, I had developed a strange itching around my front and my backside (around the anus, inner vulva, right of perineum near my skin tag). It is not thrush (as Canesten anti fungal cream didn’t relieve it at all), and everything looks normal from the outside. I don’t think it is an infection because it comes and goes, and there is no discharge. The region of itching is also quite specific, usually on my left. It hasn't got better or worse. As long as I resist the urge to scratch it, it is okay. But once I started trying to relieve it, I get a kind of inflammed painful itching that becomes uncontrollable (stinging and deeply inflammed kind of pain). When I have this itching around my anal opening, it can become extremely itchy (in a painful way) during or after BM. I think this unknown inflammation might have contributed to my flare up this time.. (i.e. itching means swelling, swelling cause the canal to overstretch during BM)

I wonder if anyone had experienced such itching?

I can no longer do a DRE on myself and apply Rectogesic, it is too painful! I managed it a little bit, but it was just totally swollen immediately on the right, no identifiable haemmorhoid lump – is this normal to have just swelling but without lump? I thought a haemmorhoid would be like a lump. (I used to feel one further up right). My stool is absolutely fine (type4) but it feels so tight and narrow down there, probably because of swelling. Every BM (every morning) is a torture – bleeding, sharp pain, stool get stuck despite reasonable size and softness!

I know that I should go to the CRS and get a proper checkup.. which leads to my next question, I wonder if anyone have had EUA, is it something that I need to request in advance? What does it involve? I am really nervous and don’t think I will be able to relax. Last time, when the doctor inserted the proctoscope it made me bleed even though I had not bled for weeks at that time. This time it would be worse because it is now swollen. :(
east_1234
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Strange Itching triggered another fissure/hem episode?

Postby Savaici » 23 Oct 2013, 17:55

I have had an EUA. Piece of cake. And yes, you do need to request it in advance, as they give you a mild anesthesia to relax, and you need to relax afterwards (sleep) before they will let you go home. I had a sigmoidoscopy at the same time.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222