New member LIS surgery and fissurectomy yesterday

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: New member LIS surgery and fissurectomy yesterday

Postby Guest » 25 Feb 2008, 05:30

Great to hear you're feeling better & hope you continue improving. All the best.

Postby Bravo2013 » 02 Nov 2013, 09:07

Hi ,
I know exactly how you feel. I have waited 3 years to get this surgery done and I finally did . Today is my day 3 of LIS and Fissure rectomy . Day 1 I was trying to control the pain and waited a long time to take pain meds. I was walking ok. I had prune juice, 1 tb of milk of magnesia, and fiber one cereal and some pitted prunes . I think I had so much and my first bm started around 10 pm on the same day. It was very liquid and watery. I was happy but on the same day I went like 3 times. Not that much pain as I was doing Sitz bath. The second day I had same cereal, some rice,bread , offcourse water, less prune juce and less MOM. It all started then . The worst pain I ever had. I took pain killers also and hence got constipated. The BM was hard and started to bleed. I was in the tub for 35 min since the pain was so throbbing like some taking a knife and poking in there. I don't know when all this will end but I am waiting for that golden day where I won't feel any pain . So far still in pain and took Percocet this morning due to unbearable pain. Will keep posted how it turns out.
Bravo2013

Postby mamakellsbells » 03 Nov 2013, 06:57

Hi, I am new on here but here are my questions & concerns. I had LIS surgery last Tuesday. It still hurts to stand to much & sitting flat is painful too. Feels like I have a serious case of cramps, the surgery sight is pretty sore & it just feels I have ALOT of pressure in that area. I have NOT had a BM yet. That's freaking me out a little. My blood pressure is extremely low & I have a low grade temp. So I am wondering if anyone has any ideas as what would cause the low BP. Should I still be having pain & should I go to work tomorrow? I am Optometric technician for 2 Doc's. So I rarely get to sit & I am on my feet all day. Help!! Can't wait to hear back from you.
mamakellsbells

Postby Bravo2013 » 03 Nov 2013, 15:47

Hi,
It's better you see your CRS. You should have BM no less than 2 days. It could get worse. Try
Taking milk of magnesia and dry pitted prunes or prune juice. Since
It's been more than 2 days without your BM , it could really put in
More pain. I am still sore especially when I have a hard BM and I take atleast 5 Sitz baths a day. Right now I am taking only Motrin and Percocet only when it's unbearable. Try drinking lot if water and also colace to keep BM soft . I would
Definetly advise you to visit your doctor regarding BM and skip work for few more days . My doc said th total recovery is 4-6 weeks. But for atleast 10 days you won't be able to go to work from the day of your surgery . I wish you good luck .
Bravo2013

Postby mamakellsbells » 04 Nov 2013, 16:51

OK had surgery on the 29th. And I finally had BM last night. Not awful. But everything I read said I would be om & no pain. Feels like I have alot of pressure down there. Is normal to so tired. I can do a couple things around the house & dust a little then burning pain is worse. I get sharp shooting pains at times. Please give me any advice you have . Thanks!
mamakellsbells

Postby mamakellsbells » 04 Nov 2013, 16:53

I was asking if pressure is normal
mamakellsbells

Postby Bravo2013 » 04 Nov 2013, 17:32

Yes you could feel pressure inthe incision site. Today my whole day was awful . Had hard BM followed by soft and that's it on bed for the whole day. Feel shooting pain and burning . Muscles are not relaxed and hence feel lot of pressure and pain at the tail bone . I am planning on you g to the surgeon tomorrow though I have it scheduled on this Friday. Not taking Percocet but only Tylenol and Motrin alternatively. Try to relax and avoid any heavy duties. Keep some ice at the place where you feel pressure for 10 min. I am not sure if this helps but if I get an appt tomorrow will ask the surgeon. Hope u feel better too.
Bravo2013

Postby mamakellsbells » 05 Nov 2013, 12:22

Today so far has been good. Yesterday I finally had a Bm it hurts so bad I thought I was going to pass (not being funny) it brought me to tears. I had such pain yesterday I was at my wits end. Today isn't bad. Not sure how I do at work yet with all the walking. Guess I will see how I am tonight & go from there. Hope your appointment went well & you get some relief.
mamakellsbells

Postby Bravo2013 » 06 Nov 2013, 17:50

Hi,
I am doing ok. Went to the doctor and he said there is lot if swelling. But it would not go away soon atleast up to 2-3 months. But he said the pain should be less in a week. But anyway I am not going to work till the 20th and will be working remotely. But the worst part is I keep going atleast 3 times a day and that makes it worst. Sometimes not painful and sometimes it's like hell. Burning and pain in tail Bone end. But not so bad as it was on 3,4 and 5 day. Hope there is no pain at all . And wish u also a speedy recovery.
Bravo2013