Hyperbaric Chamber for Wound Healing

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Hyperbaric Chamber for Wound Healing

Postby revma3 » 04 Nov 2013, 21:59

Not sure about the pressure, will find out tomorrow. Usually my hemorrhoid surgery wound is healed and I have no pain during and after bm's. however, I am still bleeding with every bm and feel some twinges or poking towards the evening. Very subtle, not painfully, but I know it means fissure still there? But how my massive wound from hemm surgery could be healing and fissure not, makes zero sense. I have no spasms and zero tightness. Maybe the twinge is from the healing wound. Again, hard to tell! I will do 20 hyperbaric sessions, I am at about 13 now. If u could see the before and after of my wound u would see it has worked. However, will be happier when I don't feel anything at all! The blood and poke twinge although painless annoy and remind me all is not right.
revma3
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby revma3 » 12 Nov 2013, 21:01

Update = fissure is healed - confirmed by CRS - who I hate with a passion, as he stretched me out to check and made my surgical wpund from the hemorrhoidectmy bleed - hate hate hate him. Anyway, back to Hyperbaric - healed fissure - I have no spasms, no painfull bm, no kinfe pain, and I feel 95% normal with the occassional twinge/tweak. On the other hand, my hemm surgery wound (external hemm and skin tag removed) is still not healed. Getting there, still bleeds, smaller and less red, but I know it isnt quite healed. It is not painfull, some twinge and tweaks and that is it. I also continue to dilate with dilatizim application daily before bed. I don't know but I believe the fissure was the cause of my pain more so than the surgical site, then again what do I know!! Question for all, 3 weeks of no pain - does that mean I am okay? Even though I still feel some soreness from the wound like a twinge or tweak or pulling sensation if I am too active?
revma3
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Scientist2516 » 12 Nov 2013, 22:27

That's fantastic, revma - congratulations!!!!
3 weeks of no pain sounds pretty OK to me, but listen to those twinges and tweaks!
I'm at about nine weeks of little/no pain. I've had some warnings from my bottom that I'm doing too much and need to be quiet for a couple of days.
You sound well on your way to 100% healed!

:stars:
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby owmybum » 16 Nov 2013, 11:16

Yay!! I'm really glad to hear the hyperbaric oxygen chamber has worked for you!!!
3. Weeks with no pain sounds like you are healed to me!

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !