Balance on Stool Softners....

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Balance on Stool Softners....

Postby Canadahell1 » 13 Nov 2013, 19:29

Second attempt at posting, last one "dissapeared again?". Great WEBSITE the gremlins are in control. What ever happened to the "mobile site" on my cell phone has VANISHED is still unknown???

Just went to see a regular doc at the clinic after a miserable painful day.Had a real bad episode that left me almost calling 911, the pain was so intense. I thought I was feeling better, I guess not. Also diagnosed with a mild bladder Infection, so the doc gave me Cipro. Maybe thats why i am burning twice as bad. Mr. AF and Mr. Bladder Infection. Drinking Cranberry Juice and the usual daily stuff. Having too many BMS and burning afterwards continues. Cant even go to the store across the street to get anything as the burning gets bad when i walk.

I maybe taking too many laxitives ie Senakot, Solflax, Metamucil. Ridiculous!! trying to find balance is very, very difficult indeeed.

Very very frustrating PERIOD!!! Will be trying the nitro soon with Vaseline, once my Nifidipine runs out, which will be in the next few days, atleast this one is covered under the drug program , I worry about headaches though??
Canadahell1
Salt Bather

Topics: 15

Re: Balance on Stool Softners....

Postby jr2 » 13 Nov 2013, 22:42

Canadahell1

I'm so sorry about the level of pain you're in and your frustration about getting the balance of stool softeners and laxatives. And on top of everything to have a bladder infection. Geez.

You are definitely doing a heavy duty combination though with the laxatives and stool softeners. Keep in mind that Metamucil will make stools bulkier and for some people with fissures it can make stools too large to pass comfortably. Also, because it absorbs so much water, it can also be counter productive to achieving the soft stools most people find more comfortable with fissures. If you do continue to use Metamucil make sure you are drinking plenty of water throughout the day.

Then you're adding both a stimulant and a stool softener to the mix as well. That's quite a lot to be hitting your system with.

It is for everyone a kind of science experiment to determine the right combinations and it can take quite awhile to get it all balanced just right. It can be really helpful to try writing down your combinations and your results as well as your diet each day so you can keep making adjustments until you find the right blend.

Many people do get the headaches with nitro. but many people also find the headaches begin to subside after about a week or so of use. In the meantime some ibuprofen can help.

Wishing you relief soon.
jr2

Re: Balance on Stool Softners....

Postby Now66 » 15 Nov 2013, 12:07

If I only use the nitro right before bedtime at night, I never notice headaches.

Have you tried Miralax? This stool softener is not addictive like stimulants and made all the difference for me (along with fiber and lots of water).
Now66
Proctosphincteranalogist