IBS?

Do you suffer from Crohn's/Colitis or IBS. If you are looking for info on how to deal with an anal fissure with these ailments, or just wanting to share your experiences, then this is the place.

Return to Crohn's/Colitis & IBS

IBS?

Postby vdb324 » 21 Nov 2013, 21:58

How do they typically diagnose IBS? Is it possible to do a test to confirm, for example? I notice that when I get nervous or anxious, I really have to use the restroom. So, with the AF, I get nervous about having to use the bathroom or feeling like I need to go, and it speeds up the process, and I really have to go (even if I just went an hour or two ago). Is this usually just nerve-related, or is it possible there's a deeper issue at root?
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52

Re: IBS?

Postby aadhi77 » 24 Nov 2013, 12:09

Hello vdb324
I am dealing with IBS since my birth. I am 28 yrs old. There is no test or specific method to confirm. It is just a symptom people experience. You are experiencing this just now or for a long time? Mind and bowel has a huge connection. Sometimes people end up going to restroom in fear or anxiety. Do you have any abdominal pain or cramps? How is your stool? How good you can handle dairy, fat and spices?

You can take probiotics for your IBS and digestive enzymes for aiding digestion. You need to keep your mind calm and relaxed which will help you 50% in coming out of the problem. Let me know your symptoms.
aadhi77
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: IBS?

Postby Rachael 1984 » 25 Nov 2013, 16:06

Hi VDB,
IBS is stress related, but many foods trigger IBS. Spicy, stodgy, dairy to name a few... Symptoms are urgency, constipation or diarreah (or both). Stomach cramps, bloated stomach and feeling sick. I was diagnosed after all other bowel conditions were ruled out through certain tests. Constipation caused my Fissure hell.
I have been under a dietician for the last 6 months, following the FODMAP plan, which has saved my life. It is amazing. I hardly ever get attacks now( unless I am stressed) and the plan has a 75% success rate. I plan to add this information on here to help fellow IBS suffers.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!