Saw CRS yesterday/surgery?

surgery decisions

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Saw CRS yesterday/surgery?

Postby sotiredofthis » 20 Nov 2013, 18:03

So, I saw another CRS who was fantastic! His bedside manner was amazing! Everybody in the office was amazing as a matter of fact. After my exam with him (he only looked externally though) he says he doesn't feel I need surgery for the fissure. He said he only saw a superficial small tear. He also said he wouldn't do the hemmie surgery if I wasn't having any problems with it which I'm not. He seemed very conservative in his approach but did say if I didn't get better LIS was the next option. He has 25 years experience as a board certified CRS and his nurse said they do lots of these surgeries.

His advice was to stop using the Cottonelle wipes when I have a bm as they are just continuing to irritate my skin and to clean with only warm water, no soap. He suggested a bidet and said he and his wife have one in their home as well. While waiting for the bidet to arrive he advised me to use Balneol cream to clean with on a small piece of toilet paper and to only wipe twice. If I was not clean then to get in the shower and just use water. I've been doing that and I have to say I was feeling better. My pain lately has just been when sitting or long periods of standing but not at all when I have a bm. No blood, no tearing feeling, just burning when I sit.

Unfortunately, today I used the bidet for the first time and now I am sore. The pressure was so hard! Not sure if that's going to work out for me which is such a bummer! Not so much the expense, although that wasn't cheap, but I was looking forward to easier clean-up. Anybody else have a bidet and have trouble with it? If so, any advice?

How are all of you cleaning up after a bm so as not to disturb the fissure and cause more pain?

I guess I'm still on this ride for now. Not sure what will happen in the future as far as surgery goes but I do know if I need it I will definitely go to this CRS.

Thanks for listening and offering any help! You are all so wonderful! Praying for everyone on here!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby FissureHome » 21 Nov 2013, 15:28

i usually lubricate before i go with wheatgrass cream or vitamin e oil not sure if i like the oil tho..Im just using toilet paper that i wet under the sink..doesnt seem to bother..i get it as clean as possible sometimes 3 or 4 wipes very gently then i jump in the hot bath..every morning its become routine..i too do not bleed only saw a streak of blood 1 time.. my pain is when sitting and standing for a long peroids..do you have pain on the top of your butt crack when you lay on your back? i dont know if its from the muscles always being tenses and spasming or if it from laying on my side so much..my hips are so bruised from laying on my side..its hard to sleep..
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby sotiredofthis » 21 Nov 2013, 18:01

No, I don't have any pain on the top. The only pain is when sitting or standing for long times. I healed with wheatgrass cream the first time I got this but it doesn't seem to work now. I, too, lubricate with either Vaseline or aquafor before I go.
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby FissureHome » 23 Nov 2013, 14:44

THanks for the reply "sotiredofthis" Just to be clear when you say the first time you healed with the wheatgrass creme how long did it take? Also how long were you healed for before it came back (ive read you need to baby it for like a year be4 the scar tissue can become strong again) and what triggered it to come back? your reply would be greatly appreciated..Thanks in advance! Good Luck Healing! I also wanted to mention when i take a shower i use "Dove for sensitive skin" and ill wear a latex or rubber glove to clean the bum very gently with finger as wash cloth is too rough.. Hope that helps..
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sotiredofthis » 25 Nov 2013, 13:11

Sorry I'm just seeing this. The first time it took about 2 months and then suddenly no pain. I tore again in January but I don't really even know why. My bm's weren't hard or anything.

I'm most likely heading for LIS. I see my CRS again on Dec. 5th. We are going to Disney for vacation on the 12th and I'm already dreading the trip. That makes me so sad.

I use Dove as well. Thanks for the tip!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby FissureHome » 25 Nov 2013, 16:53

aww man that sux..hopefully your drive isnt too far..disney is about 4 hours from me! Dam fissures take the fun out of everything but we gotta stay positive and keep on truckin! Good Luck try to enjoy your self..are you in south florida by any chance? lookin for a new CRS i think..not sure how i feel about mine..
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sotiredofthis » 25 Nov 2013, 19:20

Thanks FissureHome. We're flying to Florida. I could never handle the drive right now. We live in Ohio.
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby FissureHome » 26 Nov 2013, 07:11

Yea i was gonna say your a brave one! Even a flight seems rough..sitting is rough unless it the perfect chair..i notice chairs that a designed longer take pressure off the bum..by longer i mean supports from your butt to under your thighs almost to under the knee so that under your thighs are taking some of your weight rather than all on your bum..hope that made sense lol..and chairs that arent to soft..like sofa isnt good for me cause you sink in and tends to stretch you hole! ouch! anyhow..good luck are your trip! Enjoy yourself!
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sotiredofthis » 05 Dec 2013, 21:01

I had my appointment today with my CRS and he wants me to try rectiv for a month. If that doesn't work then I'll schedule LIS. I'm definitely scared to death! Having IBS really complicates all this. I feel like my life is over either way. I either suffer with this awful pain for the rest of my life or risk incontinence and never be able to leave my house again. This truly stinks!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 07 Dec 2013, 08:32

Hi STOT,

I do hope you can enjoy your holiday.... Please take everything with you, I know it is hard to relax on this, I can't take a holiday as I am too scared... I bet the distractions will do you good. Are you a similar age to me? My CRS won't do LIS because of my age etc.... I just want him to do it..... I do hope you can get sorted out pretty soon. Xxxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!