Post LIS

How does a fissure heal? 18+

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Post LIS

Postby endfissure2013 » 24 Nov 2013, 14:32

Hi all, I had my LIS surgery last month. It was incredible! I feel so much better. I had a re-tear after 3 weeks, but that was my fault. I was trying to have anal sex. I've gone 2 weeks without a retear, and I'm wondering about a few things. First, I found a wikipedia page, and it has a bit of info. http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_fissure The site says, that it takes 6 weeks to 3 months for the fissure site to heal, and not be prone to retear. Is this true? I've had doctors say my fissures have healed after 2 weeks, only to have them re-tear when I return to anal sex a few days after. I'm a homosexual man, and I am interested in anal sex. I would be devastated if I could never have anal sex again. So, does anyone know how long it should take for a closed fissure to completely heal? I'm willing to give it 3 months, but I don't want to be disappointed. Also, my fissures came from a hemorrhoidectomy. Let's assume I have no other conditions, just a fissure. Thx everyone.
endfissure2013
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Post LIS

Postby suzyljank » 25 Nov 2013, 09:28

Hi, so happy your surgery helped you. My CRS told me while the fissure may heal in a short amount of time after LIS it takes about a year for the skin itself to regain most of it's strength. It also takes that much time for the LIS site to fully heal. All the best Suzy.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby endfissure2013 » 25 Nov 2013, 09:37

I'm hoping for 3 months. The Wikipedia page doesn't have a source, but I'm hoping it's correct.
endfissure2013
Fibre Addict

Postby Scientist2516 » 25 Nov 2013, 15:10

Remember, it could take longer, and if you re-tear, you have to heal all over again.
When you feel ready to try it, be very very careful, and maybe just use fingers and small toys to begin with. See if you are OK with that. It's just not worth the risk - you could end up with a much longer healing process if you try to rush it.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby endfissure2013 » 25 Nov 2013, 16:41

I understand. The last time I had cuts and fissures, it took about 2 months to fully heal. That was from a hemorrhoidectomy.
endfissure2013
Fibre Addict

Postby endfissure2013 » 18 Jan 2014, 00:34

Update, wow can't believe how open I'm being on this site. The things we do for good health!! Ok, so I had another retear. I would post a pic, but I'm not sure how that would pan out.... I'm considering LIS again, advancement flap, or a fissurectomy. I'm leaning on LIS with fissurectomy as of right now. The only way I've been able to get surgery is by going to a general surgeon. The colorectal surgeons are too reluctant to operate, in the meanwhile I would suffer.
endfissure2013
Fibre Addict

Postby Bettyblue » 18 Jan 2014, 03:16

Why are the CRS reluctant to operate? . Be careful do your research with care. As you know there is a risk of incontinence, and infection. The risk is low but is real. So that's why you have to be in the hands of somebody with a lot of experience and knowledge. Take care.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby endfissure2013 » 29 Jan 2014, 16:27

Bettyblue wrote:Why are the CRS reluctant to operate? . Be careful do your research with care. As you know there is a risk of incontinence, and infection. The risk is low but is real. So that's why you have to be in the hands of somebody with a lot of experience and knowledge. Take care.

I don't know why they're hesitant.
endfissure2013
Fibre Addict

Postby Bettyblue » 29 Jan 2014, 16:51

Hello end fissure, I was reading the other day the website of my CRS. He has a forum like this, only that is him who answers the questions that people has. I was reading a lot of questions about gay people asking If they could have anal relations after a LIS without re-tearing. He said re- tearing should not happen if a LIS was well done. So maybe your LIS was too conservative? That is why you are re-tearing all the time? I think is not normal that you are re- tearing over and over after you had a LIS. Could you find a CRS where you live who can perform another LIS? Try not to get constipated. Hard stools are not good at all. You should ask why are they so reluctant to operate. You have other conditions that make another LIS more risky? Take care.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby endfissure2013 » 29 Jan 2014, 22:07

Bettyblue wrote:Hello end fissure, I was reading the other day the website of my CRS. He has a forum like this, only that is him who answers the questions that people has. I was reading a lot of questions about gay people asking If they could have anal relations after a LIS without re-tearing. He said re- tearing should not happen if a LIS was well done. So maybe your LIS was too conservative? That is why you are re-tearing all the time? I think is not normal that you are re- tearing over and over after you had a LIS. Could you find a CRS where you live who can perform another LIS? Try not to get constipated. Hard stools are not good at all. You should ask why are they so reluctant to operate. You have other conditions that make another LIS more risky? Take care.

I don't have any other medical conditions. I've had only 1 LIS surgery, and it wasn't enough to keep myself from tearing again (which was after 8 weeks). I can only get about 2 fingers inside without bleeding/tearing. I'm afraid that when the fissures finally heal properly, that I won't be able to ever have "anal activity" again. I'm seeing a doctor on base soon, and I'm not sure what to ask for. I think I want the anal resting pressure test, and I want to possibly go for another LIS. If not that, I want to maybe have a fissurectomy with LIS. I have 3 fissures near the posterior mid-line, which I hear is a tough spot to heal.

:groan:
endfissure2013
Fibre Addict