Questions for other sufferers

suppositories, after workout snacks, etc...

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Questions for other sufferers

Postby Vanja1987 » 15 Aug 2014, 03:36

Hej people,

1.I would like to know if you use any herbal suppositories that can be bought in pharmacies?
I am thinking of buying it, because allegedly they should help me get rid of that dry tip in the beginning of every BM, which retears my AF every time I go. So, what are your experiences?

2. Does any of you do some moderate sports?
If so, what are your post workout snacks that works good for you and your AF?

3. Does any of you have some diet tips or some diet which I can follow in order to distinguish what harms me?

Is there any rules a person should follow when doing a reductionist diet?

Thank you in advance!
Vanja

:afsmile:
Vanja1987
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Questions for other sufferers

Postby Apes » 15 Aug 2014, 08:06

I and many others here use a little Vaseline before a BM, TO HELP IT SLIDE out. After I clean up with TP and water and do not wipe, when I can I go in the shower and clean up, and then I usually apply a little coconut oil to sooth.

I did not work out in the. Midst of the real bad times. Walked only

Diet is very individual, what works for does not always work for another. High fiber works for some and low fiber works for others. The biggest thing about diet is to soft BMS. MANY take Miralax to help. I took it for about 3 months and have now stopped. Good luck
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Re: Questions for other sufferers

Postby mmklinemm » 15 Aug 2014, 11:57

I was training for a half marathon before my fissure struck. Some of the snacks I eat now that I think would be good post-workout:

- Pecans (chewed very well)
- Blueberries, watermelon, ground flax seed, and kefir smoothie. I throw in some goat whey protein, sometimes.
- Natural peanut butter - Crazy Richard's/Krema brand is so finely ground it doesn't bother my fissure. This has been so helpful to me because I was losing too much weight.
- Clif Kid organic Z bars

As for figuring out what harms you, it's trial and error, unfortunately. Sweet potatoes and different types of beans seem to be a safe bet for most of us. Soft chicken, fish, eggs, etc. I eat pretty much the same thing every day. Occasionally, I'll try one new thing to test how it affects me. Everyone is different, though. For example, I can't eat carrots. I've tried them shredded, roasted, and boiled until they're mush. They always make me bleed, but others can tolerate them well.

Edited to add: I incorporate coconut oil or olive oil into most of my meals. It supposedly helps stool pass easier. Not sure if this is true, but it doesn't hurt, and I LOVE my sweet potatoes, pecans, and coconut oil with a dash of pumpkin pie spice. It's one of the few meals that make me smile.
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here