Rare Condition but .....

Found a good website that has some really handy information?  Post your links here...

Return to References, Websites, Facts...

Rare Condition but .....

Postby Fissulyna » 14 Nov 2008, 02:21

I found many references to this rare condition, but thought maybe it could give some ideas to people who do not heal at all : (, maybe histological analysis for this type of aberration can give some answers. As I said, those cases are VERY rare but obviously do exist. This case is just one of many I found on the net by typing Helicobacter Pylori (bacteria that causes stomach and duodenal ulcers) and words "anal pain".
What papers said was that some people have rare incidence of mucosa growth in anal area that was non healing and bleeding and that after histological analysis (looking it up under a microscope) researchers found that it was very much like the mucosa that we find in the stomach and so was susceptible to attack of Helicobacter or similar organisms that caused ulcerations or polyp growth !!!!
They said they found about 30 cases so far , but hey - HOW MANY DOCTORS ACTUALLY LOOKED FOR THAT POSSIBILITY AT ALL !!!!!!??????
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
A. Kestemberg1, G. Mariсo1, E. de Lima1, F. T. Garcia1, E. Carrascal1 and J. L. Arredondo1
(1) Hospital Universitario del Valle, Universidad del Valle, Cali, Colombia, South America
Accepted: 27 November 1992
Abstract We report the case of a 9-year-old boy who presented with chronic rectal bleeding. On proctosigmoidoscopy, a polypoid elevation in the rectal ampulla measuring 5x3 cm was found. Biopsies were reported to show gastric mucosa. The Giemsa stain showed Helicobacter pylori-like organisms. Including our patient, there are now 30 similar cases reported in the medical literature. The usual manifestations of this rare entity are chronic bleeding and rectal pain. In one-half of cases there is chronic rectal ulceration. The recommended treatment is transanal surgical resection unless there is rectal peptic ulceration. H2 receptor blockers are then advised. Surgical excision is carried out after healing has taken place.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Re: Rare Condition but .....

Postby Deleted User 5 » 14 Nov 2008, 11:13

Wow, that is great info and could well be useful to the chronic non-healers here on the board, Fissulyna! Good job!
On a side note, I have discovered you can't type F*issy without getting her icon Fissy...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 14 Nov 2008, 11:57

What an interesting article. Isnt H. pylori killed off with antbiotics? How interesting. You are such a great researcher.
That is funny, I did put Fissy's name down as the name of the smilie. But I also have Tabby Kim Gareth let's see if those show up as smilies.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 14 Nov 2008, 12:05

I think I fixed it, unless someone types in an exclamation point after typing Fissy!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 14 Nov 2008, 13:10

I found my icon appearing "randomly" hilarious LOL. Especially when I wanted to sound serious and would write Fissy as a signature and than found out that sent letter or post appeared with silly smily picking up the flowers since it really represented me in the "real-life" self Image
Also it symbolized my inaptness with computers - even "my icon" did not work properly
Image AND I bet it made Kim very happy to start my name with F* ... , but, hey, life is such Image
Regarding H. pylori - it can be killed by antibiotics in about 70-90% of the cases Image. Idiotic bug can develop resistance very easy , especially if one took antibiotics often in life. For eradication they now try using special combo of antibiotics - like Flagil + Amoxiciline and such, and STILL, some people just never get rid of it completely : (( .
What is even more intriguing to me is that they found " H. pylori like" organisms , which means that what they found is relative to the H. pylori and can be special variety that lives in anal area Image Image I wonder why nobody looks at it more closely - the guy who discovered HP got a Nobel Prize for it , for god sake - isn't anybody there who would want to get one by discovering a new strain of bacteria that causes anal ulceration ????!!!! and save many people from maybe unnecessary suffering and endless futile surgeries Image Image
Image :arwen: Fissy!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 14 Nov 2008, 13:30

No, Fissy, I just had to stick some character in there to keep the smilie at bay!
Last edited by Deleted User 5 on 14 Nov 2008, 14:23, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 14 Nov 2008, 14:12

Interesting findings Fissulyna !
Did you notice i called you Fissulyna Fissy! and while I was attempting to spell Fissulyna I wondered ....What does it mean Image

Postby Fissulyna » 14 Nov 2008, 14:55

he he Tubby - now you are crossing into dangerous waters of curiosity "that killed the cat" :cat02: Image , but one can not resist a Tabby-cat AKA Tubby , so story is very simple Image .
It has no meaning - just modified word fissure to sound like a real name , like Thumbelina or Nicollina or Angelina LOL and it was a pet-name that my hubby gave to me when I got my fissure trying to make me laugh Image so , there it is Image - now you know how my hubby calls me when he finds me in the bathroom Image compounding my creams or when he sees me on my computer !
He is responsible for my "artistic " name Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby lars » 14 Nov 2008, 15:00

Fantasic Fissy :) Great find. Everyone that do not heal after surgery should consider this.
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Fissulyna » 14 Nov 2008, 15:11

Thanks buddy Image Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP