Realistically how long should LIS pain last?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Realistically how long should LIS pain last?

Postby Fissulyna » 28 May 2010, 01:52

NP - do not panic buddy - listen !!!! If it was the worst case scenario - it would be there for a very short time and any ducts forming would be measured in millimeters if ANY ! If it drained by itself you would see the discharge . There would be some blood also mixed with puss and lymph, and you would be "draining" still , like you did when they made small cut . THIRD - you had 6 BMs - you know what that can do to a PERFECT butt - it can make a fissure like it did to you to begin with ! So, I think that your butt is just super irritated by watery BMs Image . BUT - to feel safe - go tomorrow and let them check it - it is Friday and Blondie will have a slot open ; ) !
The "speck" that was floating could have been just about anything LOL- it is 1 am , so I do not have time to write my story and "suspicious " mucus/parasite that I "caught" and kept "alive" in a water bottle cap so pathologist could look at it LMAO - talking about freaking with no reason and looking like an idiot later Image ROFL- so try to relax Image .
5) or maybe 6) :roll: - yes LOL - do not say "pain is minimal" without KTW (knock the wood LOL) or using this icon :luckyeyes: LMAO - it just what we do here out of desperation LOL since fissure are inherently like that UPS AND DOWNS ALLLLLL THE TIME LOL ! So, of course, there is no real jinx - it just makes us feel safer in the VERY unsafe waters of "butt pain" Image
OR , you might use "opposites" LOL - say " I am in terrible pain" with quote marks ; ))) LOL
Hey - let us know how are you doing tomorrow ASAP and put some Vaseline or "Pizza oil"(AKA olive oil) on your butt before next BM !!!!!! You need to protect that area from acidic poop (idiotic poop *grumble *grumble *grumble Image )
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 28 May 2010, 02:10

Hrm that's actually a good point. When my first abscess drained, I did notice blood and also puss. But I didn't notice any blood today (knock on wood!!!).
I think most doctor's offices are actually closing early tomorrow, so I probably won't be able to get it looked at before the long weekend. And yes, sadly, I already called around to various CRS offices earlier this week to check what their hours were :) A very sad thing to admit, I know, since that gives away my level of true obsessiveness with the whole thing. I just kept expecting something to go wrong so I figured I'd check in advance lol.
You'll have to tell me the story about your mucus parasite when you have time. That sounds like a pretty funny story :) If you did what I think you did, it might make me feel a bit better about yelling "RED ALERT!" all the time.
Next time I say anything about the pain being manageable, I will be sure to not just knock on wood, I will take a sledgehammer to the wood, set it on fire, and kick and stomp its flaming embers. I dunno if I can use the eyes icon, that thing looks too hilarious and cracks me up lol.
So ok let me test this then. Off to bed now, "in terrible insane unrelenting pain that feels like curry sauce being poured over fresh wounds and raw flesh." Let's see if it works!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 28 May 2010, 11:32

Alright just woke up and today I don't feel that shooting pain very much anymore. Still there, but not as bad as before: :luckyeyes: :luckyeyes: :luckyeyes: However the side where it was is EXTREMELY RIDICULOUSLY ITCHY now. It's an insane "you can't scratch me" kind of itch that's driving me nuts. The itch started last night around the same time as the shooting pain but is much, much more intense today.
Sitting down causes the itch to become worse, so I think it must have something to do with physical irritation of the area...
The fact that there's a sudden change in the discomfort makes me even more convinced that maybe some kind of event happened down there with yesterday's watery BM. I guess the upside is that it seems very unlikely that formation of an abscess would cause these symptoms to come on suddenly. If anything, I would expect drainage of an abscess to cause this.
Double checked with the doc's office and yep, pretty much everyone is just in for a half day, so I bumped up my Blondie appointment to early next week. Hope this damn thing resolves before then, though. In the meantime it'll be the first time I've ever taken vicodin for a freakin' ITCH sheesh.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 28 May 2010, 11:37

lol dammit the lucky eyes didn't work :( Passing gas apparently can cause the sharp shooting pain. Guessing I've got some kind of crazy irritation going on. Curse you, watery BM!!! Good thing it's a long weekend, time to ride the vicodin train all through it :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 28 May 2010, 12:25

NP -hey - it is not going to calm "overnight" - you had some major "acidic bombs" 6 times yesterday !!!! I mean - even normal butt would have major irritation going on , not to mention poor anus that went through TWO surgeries in 14 days !!!!! Itch can be good - you also know that Image
I do not think that you checking "hours" was a crazy idea , actually I think it was very smart and responsible !!!!!! I now my kids almost always got sick either on weekend (preferably Sunday ) or holidays Image . LOL There is something about weekends and stuff happening to people than LOL - that is another "metaphysical" thing that we can discuss here LMAO
Now , please try to protect your anus today with creams - use anything that you feel comfortable with - really (vaseline,olive or coconut oil, A+D cream ....) - it is very, very important aspect of butt healing
I know that guys especially fell like not doing it since the concept of creams are "strange" to them in general LMAO - but , I am telling you - they protect sensitive mucosa big time *sigh Just do not use anything that has any preservative or alcohol as ingredient . Stay with basic stuff which I mentioned.
It will itch and hurt whole day :( - there is no way around it Image Image Image , but it will slowly get better. Try not to think about all of it , I know it is hard and setbacks are the worst to "swallow" - I know I always cried after I felt worse after couple of good days and feeling hopeful. Those days I wished I never felt better since I knew how nice it is to have a "good butt" *sigh. We all went through periods of going "back and forth" : (((. I know that somebody's else suffering is not of much comfort - I just want you to know that you are mote the "norm" than an "exception" ; ) !
Good that you made app . - it is always smart to check things out : ))!!! Image Why worry for no reason or not catch something off at the very beginning ??? I am sure that your irritation is the result of 6 crazy BMs since you felt so well before the incident !!!!!!!!! It is now "burned" by acid : (((( and you just need to survive those couple of days until it calms down ... In the meantime - take soaks, put some protective cream and relax : ))) !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 28 May 2010, 12:48

Thanks Fissy, actually sad to say, the fact that somebody else has suffered setbacks as well actually is of some comfort :) This damn pattern of pain is so hard to get a grasp of. Yesterday it was bad sharp shooting pains. This morning after the first BM it was crazy itching. Now I just had another BM and the itching is less intense, but the sharp shooting pains are back. I wish my butt could just make up its mind -- is it sharp shooting pains or itching, please decide!!!
Yeah actually I do feel symptoms escalate around weekends too. Probably because subconsciously I know that doctors offices are closed at that time lol. I dunno if that explains it for your kids, I doubt they're as paranoid as I am haha. Oh well, I guess that's what the ER is there for if I need it. Between my son and I's problems, we hit our insurance deductible a looooong time ago so now everything is free, that's one good thing about seeing the doctor and having surgeries I guess.
I do hope the pain calms down. In the past, when it's been irritated a bit, it's always gone away very quickly. This time the pain is more intense and lasting much longer. And it's centered near one very specific spot right on the anus. Hopefully you're right, maybe there was just something healing there and the "acidic bombs" (good use of words Image) burnt it.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 28 May 2010, 13:15

LOL - no ha ha, my kids are opposite of paranoid LOL - and when they were babies no "subconscious " could have any effect LOL You know , I go often to one "pet forum" and the same thing is going on with pets LMAO - people always have to rush to Vet. ER since things ALWAYS happen either in the middle of the night or Sundays Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby mmb0423 » 01 Jun 2010, 07:50

hey NG, how are you doing? haven't heard anything for a few days.
mmb0423
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 01 Jun 2010, 11:55

Hey Mechelle, thanks for asking. I'm back at work now, first day so we'll see how it goes. Still have butt pain, but it's mostly tolerable and I just take vicodin when it's not. Don't really care anymore, maybe it'll go away, maybe it won't, who knows, I've got plenty of painkillers so it is what it is!
I've got another problem now, rather embarassing, but it's called phimosis and has to do with, ahem, the male anatomy. Long story short is that I'm seeing the urologist for it today and it may end up requiring an adult circumcision. I'm sure that's way TMI already but let's just say I'm looking forward to dealing with this even less than the ass surgeries :( It's definitely jumped ahead of the butt problems in "OH CRAP!" queue.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 01 Jun 2010, 12:35

Sorry to read about the new prob, NG!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46