Really??

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Really??

Postby Kreaybutt » 16 Aug 2013, 07:55

I had my 6 week follow up with my crs yesterday and to my surprise she said, " I can't even find the fissures anymore, they've healed." What? Really? I think I was too in shock to be happy. lol BUT I still have concerns. I still get spasms after BM's. they're not painful or very uncomfortable, they just feel like a slight pressure for a few minutes and I am still very tight down there. Now here is where I need some advice. I may have internal hems that are causing the spasming. She wants to put me under to check it out in there and possibly cauterize the hems. I asked her if there was a possibility that this could irritate or re-open my AF's and she said "yes but if that were to happen we could go for LIS, you've healed once you can heal again." I don't know what to do?? Should I just let myself keep healing or go under? Ahhhhh. ALSO, I've completely stopped mirilax and take 300 mg of magnesium. My BM's don't come out as easy anymore but the stool is very soft. Anybody have that problem? Thanks for letting me vent :)
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Re: Really??

Postby Kreaybutt » 16 Aug 2013, 08:01

Oh she also said I look anorexic and I need to eat eat eat, 6 full meals a day, not small ones, full ones! Eggs, yogurt, ice cream. ive stsyed away from yogurt and ice cream brcause im lactose intolerant but she said yogurt has the least amount of lactose. Is anyone here good with eating yogurt? I lost 13 lbs in the last 3 months. Yikes. It was an eye opening day to say the least.
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby J-32 » 16 Aug 2013, 08:40

Hi Kreaybutt. I think I have same problem. For many times my AF was "healed" in last 5 years. I am pretty sure that my AF tearing was caused by being too tight down there and being too tight was caused by haemorrhoids. I assume that in my case piles are the real issue. I have internal ones, grade 2 but my CRS said that that they look good at the moment (if you can use that word regarding piles) and are not a problem. I don't know what to think now...
J-32
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby owmybum » 16 Aug 2013, 10:39

That is a reall tricky one. I don't know if I would want to be messed with just yet. Can you ask to defer your decision for a few months in case things settle.
All my af problems came from hem banding and tag removal.. So unless you are loosing a lot of blood, or in dire pain, I would leave well alone and eventually they will settle down.
As for yoghurts... Could you maybe eat soy based ones, or lactose free yoghurts?? I am not lactose intolerant and find eating yoghurt a good way of consuming a few extra calories. (Full fat though)
I think eating six full meals a day is a bit extreme. You don't want to be on the toilet all day. Try adding a good glug of olive oil to your meals, ground flax seeds, etc. don't worry, your weight will start to go back up again.
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Kreaybutt » 16 Aug 2013, 13:03

I agree that 6 full meals are a bit dramatic. Although if you saw me you'd prolly tell me to eat too. Today I ordered a huge multi grain turkey sand which (normally I'd only order half) and I enjoyed every bite of it!! lol I think I'm going to keep on with the natural healing path and if I have to have the surgery in the future than so be it.
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Ever the Optimist » 16 Aug 2013, 14:24

Hi Kreay,
I would personally have no doubts but to stick out the natural healing path for longer! The less intervention down there, the better and only when really necessary, like if you are in real pain!!
Hems are a real pain but in my experience, I'd have them anyday over the risk of developing a further fissure!!
I eat full fat (BIO) yoghurt with no issues. I eat it with bran every morning.....I think you can risk a moderate amount of dark chocolate because that also contains Magnesium. Avocados are a good option too because they are calorific but healthy and fissure friendly. If you are not eating substantially now, then I would increase your food intake generally because that will also help add more bulk to your stools, which will then be possibly pass easier too.
Piles can definitely increase the feelings of pressure down there and may also feel a bit sore at times too when inflamed.
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby marg6043 » 17 Aug 2013, 22:15

Kreaybutt, I also have a small internal hem that the last time it bleed bright red was a few days after I was diagnosed with a healed fissure.
That was two months ago and been doing great, personally after what I had experienced with my fissure for a year I will leave my small hem alone, I also have a large tag that I have to deal with, but my doctor told me that removing the tag will bring more problems that leaving the tag alone.
So is a matter of choice, if you feel that you need to get rid of the hem and follow doctors advice by all means is you choice, but remember is always the possibility of side effects from everything.
I hope things goes well for you on any choice you take.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Kreaybutt » 21 Aug 2013, 07:26

See my hems don't really bother me, I think. I have a prolapsed hem (thanks to 3 hours of pushing my daughter out.) it's very small and I can feel it with a finger but it's not bothersome. Now I have no idea if I have more internally that could be causing problems but I don't think I'm ready to have a surgery down there. Especially with my fragile weight I can't afford to lose more.
I have another question for you healed folks! Sometimes during a BM I can feel a scraping or pulling around the area where my fissure was. It doesn't hurt it's just an annoying feeling and goes away right after. Could it be a scar tissue or tag? I only feel it during bigger BM's. anybody else experience this feeling?
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby marg6043 » 21 Aug 2013, 18:38

Kreaybutt, is interesting but we mothers get the worst getting our babies into this world, I also developed my hem during that time and probably my first encounter with a fissure.
That was 29 years ago.
The scraping is normal, even now that I am healed I still get a bit of that scraping still, my doctor told me that the scar tissue will be tender for a while, so in occasion I will get some mild irritation also.
The tag also can get tender, if you have one, mine does too and I still have to be careful when cleaning the area so I don't pull to much.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Kreaybutt » 22 Aug 2013, 14:34

Thank you for your response marg! I'm glad to see that my symptoms are normal with others too! Yes, delivering my daughter has brought so many different feelings, all great and just a little bad painful one in my rear. lol
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist