Reassurance??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Reassurance??

Postby juney » 13 Feb 2008, 10:42

my bleeding in the beginning was just like val's. in july 06 i felt a huge tear during a particularly hard BM and that's when the fissure started i'm sure. everytime i went to the bathroom for weeks after that the toilet bowl was bright red. i would literally even see drips coming out my butt. the TP also would be covered in red when i wiped. i thought it was hemmorhoids or something. why i never saw the dr then is beyond me. i waited thru another 6 months of pain. stupid stupid stupid.
anyway that awful bleeding died down after a few weeks and then it just hurt like hell to poo and for hours after. i've barely had any blood since even though it still hurts.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby motherluch » 13 Feb 2008, 11:05

Juney, that sounds like me too, and yes, for me at this time it is an internal hemmie. I really want to start the MOM tonight, but the last time I took it I took only 1 1/2 tablespoons and ended up going for 16 hours straight! It was awful! But I want to try it again to assure that I will not have to push when i go, that is what got me to bleed every time. How much would you suggest I try tonight??
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby Guest » 13 Feb 2008, 12:10

Try one tablespoon at night. Once your body gets used to it you don't end up going all day long and actually sometimes it takes over 12 hrs for it to work for me but nonetheless the BMs are almost always not too painful and I feel semi-normal. Some blood but nothing over the top. Everything takes time to work and your body will everntually adjust to new things so give it time. I hope you feel better tomorrow. I'm thinking of ya!

Postby motherluch » 13 Feb 2008, 12:53

So Erin, you use MOM also?? Do you take it every night? Did you have trouble with constipation in the past? By the way, I see you are a Brooklyn girl...I'm right near you...I'm a Jersey girl!! Do you take anything else??
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby juney » 13 Feb 2008, 13:29

yah, try taking only 1 tablespoon. i only use a bit more if i feel like i've eaten too much that day - but even then i never go over 2 tablespoons. for the most part i only have a BM once a day, first thing in the morning and it's painless/bloodfree.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 13 Feb 2008, 14:06

I also take a little mineral oil since I had my surgery and am still on narcotics.

I can't remember if you said you had tried Miralax? That to me is a bit more subtle than the MOM.

Since we have a few nurses here I thought I would ask about this.

I have been taking ibuprofen every day and notice that I my body gets swollen like it is retaining water. I don't have any problems urinating and drink 2 liters of water a day. I think I remember reading that anti-inflammatories can do that. It happens more when I take advil and much less so if I take celebrex or toradol.

Postby motherluch » 13 Feb 2008, 16:32

Lecia,
To be honest I never heard that before, I will look into it for you and ask some of my "nurse friends" too! Have you asked your Dr.?? Then again, I always doubt Dr.s when it comes to questions like that, you are better off asking friends or a nurse, Dr.s don't seem to be up on that stuff!!
As far as Miralax, I think that will be my next try if the MOM doesn't work for me. I am trying to keep it simple and would really love it if I could just take 1 or 2 things to keep me going nice and easy! A friend of mine scared me about the Miralax, told me she took the usual 17 gram daily dose and would sometimes poop her pants as she had no control...don't want that!! Another friend takes the same dose and loves it, but she goes 2-3 times a day at random times. For now, I am already scared to go the one time a day I usually go and that is first thing in the morning,at this point due to my fear of bleeding and going to the bathroom, I really would like to keep it to once a day if at all possible. You take both the MOM and Miralax right??
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Fissulyna » 13 Feb 2008, 16:57

Lecia, you can Google Ibuprofen and see what side effects it has. If the swelling and renal function changes are on the list, than it means that your kidneys work slower and that water is collected in your tissues. Drinking extra water will not help with that, actually it just makes more demand on kidneys that are already working slower. Definitely check with your doctor and why not ask for other anti inflammatory that is not causing you any problems ?
All the best, :_):
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 13 Feb 2008, 17:09

Thanks guys. I am trying not to freak out but I guess I should be cautious as I only have one kidney. But there are very few things that are helping the pain besides the ibuprofen. But perhaps I should switch back to a tylenol based drug. I have just been in so much pain that I have been pretty desperate thinking about ending my suffering. But once the pain killers kick in I feel less despair, so I know it is the pain talking. I see the doctor on Friday.

Then today I found a lump in my breast in the shower so I am worried about that.

I do take Miralax in the am and MOM in the evening. The mineral oil I just take a few swigs. I don't think anyone should try all three at the same time though. The first time I took a full dose of miralax it was pretty runny but I only use half the dose.

Postby Guest » 13 Feb 2008, 17:15

Lecia,

I am sorry to hear about your pain. Please get that lump looked at as soon as possible. Can the doctor on Friday look at the lump?

Patty