rectum exams

rectum exams

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

rectum exams

Postby expedite_it » 13 Oct 2022, 13:38

Preface to thread: This message board keeps automatically logging me out against my will, causing me to need to re-type everything. Saving the draft does not work as I don't know how to retrieve the draft. I am going to split this message up into at least two parts.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Today I went to my first appointment ever with a colorectal surgeon (CRS). The CRS had me climb up on an exam bed like almost all doctor's offices have. Then the CRS gave me a rectum exam. For the rectum exam, the doctor had me lay down on my back and pull my pants and my underwear down to my knees. Then he had me roll over to my side, and he used his gloved hands to open my butt cheeks and exam my rectum. When the doctor opened my butt cheeks, it made me nervous, and my anal sphincter got really tight. My anal sphincter got so tight that the CRS could not see my anal fissures.
Last edited by expedite_it on 13 Oct 2022, 13:49, edited 1 time in total.
expedite_it
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Re: rectum exams

Postby expedite_it » 13 Oct 2022, 13:46

I went to a General Practitioner (GP) physican for my AF about twelve years ago. My GP had me take my pants and underwear completely off, and he did the rectum exam with me on my hands and knees. This did not make me nervous. The GP could see my anal fissures.

I wish that the CRS did the rectum exam with me on my hands and knees today like my GP did twelve years ago. But I did not ask for it because I was not comfortable asking for it. He was already going through the torture of looking up my butt lol---

If you have ever had a rectum exam done on you, how did your physician do the rectum exam? Did your physician have you laying on your side for the rectum exam? Or did your physician do the rectum exam with you when you were on your hands and knees?

Did your sphincter tighten up so that the physician could not see the AF?
expedite_it
Fibre Addict

Postby Rich44 » 13 Oct 2022, 22:32

I have had two different CRS do rectal exams as well as a general surgeon. The CRS both did it with me on my side and was painless as they manually took a look. The general surgeon stuck a device in there to see which was excruciating. Needless to say I was happy to have a top CRS do my LIS two years ago this month and everything has been wonderful since.
Fissure June 2014 - Oct 2020
Botox, skin tag removed - Feb 2015
Levator Ani Sep 2014 - Feb 2016 (left job, cured!)
LIS, skin tags removed - Oct 2020
Fissure 100% healed - Nov 2020
Still healed as of March 2024
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby expedite_it » 14 Oct 2022, 10:19

Rich44 wrote:I have had two different CRS do rectal exams as well as a general surgeon. The CRS both did it with me on my side and was painless as they manually took a look. The general surgeon stuck a device in there to see which was excruciating. Needless to say I was happy to have a top CRS do my LIS two years ago this month and everything has been wonderful since.

Did the device that the general surgeon stuck up your anus hurt your anal fissure while the device was in your anus?
expedite_it
Fibre Addict

Postby Rich44 » 16 Oct 2022, 15:15

expedite_it wrote:
Rich44 wrote:I have had two different CRS do rectal exams as well as a general surgeon. The CRS both did it with me on my side and was painless as they manually took a look. The general surgeon stuck a device in there to see which was excruciating. Needless to say I was happy to have a top CRS do my LIS two years ago this month and everything has been wonderful since.

Did the device that the general surgeon stuck up your anus hurt your anal fissure while the device was in your anus?
I have no idea if it "hurt" the fissure but it was so painful when he did it. Unfortunately when the anal manometry test was done later, I had to do an enema (for the test) so my rectal area/fissure hurt really bad when they did the test that day.
Fissure June 2014 - Oct 2020
Botox, skin tag removed - Feb 2015
Levator Ani Sep 2014 - Feb 2016 (left job, cured!)
LIS, skin tags removed - Oct 2020
Fissure 100% healed - Nov 2020
Still healed as of March 2024
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist