Regular, Healthy Meals =GR8!

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Regular, Healthy Meals =GR8!

Postby SunshineHope » 29 Aug 2007, 22:36

Hi all,
Haven't been here in a while. Was missing the forum and everyone here so thought I'd drop by again.
I was at a Camp again a week or so again volunteering and I had really awesome BMs the whole week (too much info?). It's funny because I didn't use Miralax that much - probably just once or twice out of the whole week. I think what REALLY helped me though was having regular, structured meals. For example, our first meal would be at 7 am and would generally be fruit or something healthy. Then we'd have lunch, then dinner, and a snack in between if I had time. I think this routine was really different from my routine at home (eat whatever whenever, breakfast usually being at 12pm).
This balanced type of routine really helped me have regular BMs that were soft almost all of the time. I wasn't even having that much water but we would have a bit of salad or fruit with almost every meal which also helped a lot.
Just wanted to share this as it's something that helped me. Regarding my fissure, I'm really thinking of NOT getting surgery anymore. I haven't been bathing or using my medicine (I wanted to admit it, hopefully someone will yell at me and make me realize I shouldn't be slacking off so much), but I haven't seen any blood and most of my BMs are much better than they were before. I don't have that much hope for quick healing because I'm just so busy all the time, but I really really am hoping this will just go away... It's been so long now.
Anyways, hope you're all doing well . Sending you some love,
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: Regular, Healthy Meals =GR8!

Postby Guest » 30 Aug 2007, 06:08

Good to have you back, Sunshine! We could use a little bit of your Sunshine Hope around here.
It sounds like all in all you are doing better and your life seems to be gaining some normalcy finally!
Have you started school yet? How is the sitting for that if you have?
I think it makes sense to stay on a good eating schedule which I think can promote a good BM schedule. With the risk of sounding too "anal" I will say that I try to eat at the same times every day and eat the same meals and that helps with predictability alot!
Glad to see you posting again,
Lecia

Postby SunshineHope » 30 Aug 2007, 22:38

Hey Lecia,
I'm starting school in about a week. I haven't been having any problems with sitting, but my fissure is still not completely healed. I think it'll get there, slowly... :)
I think it's good to be anal about this. Eating at the same time everyday during the Camp really helped me stay regular!
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 04 Sep 2007, 13:59

Good luck with going back to school. I am glad you can sit now without pain. That is wonderful!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Sep 2007, 14:36

That is wonderful news Sunshine, especially about the sitting. Keep it up!
Kim
Deleted User 5

Postby SunshineHope » 05 Sep 2007, 15:45

Thanx guys, all of your support has helped soo much!
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist