Retear woes

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Retear woes

Postby small_flower » 21 Apr 2007, 09:00

haha yes, quite alright kim.
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby SunshineHope » 03 May 2007, 14:30

Hi everyone, I know Kate posted a while ago but I wanted to respond because I think my fissure just re-tore again (although I've only been using the new medicine for a week, I was on other medicine before). Things were going good and seemed to be healing - I had no pain at all during the day, except for the initial part of the BM! I felt like I was healing and can't pinpoint why or how it tore again -- I don't remember eating anything irregular. I was having my metemucil, lots of fruit juice, vitamin c, etc. -maybe the pecans ARE causing trouble
I'm sort of bummed because we were planning on going on our road trip tomorrow, and I didnt want this stupid fissure to act up again! I wanted to ask Kim -- why are cantaloupes bad to have? I had it yesterday and am wondering if that could be linked to my tear :(
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Guest » 03 May 2007, 17:27

Hey Sunshine!
I like your new avatar! I love babies! I sent you a message but wanted to also respond here that I definitely think you should cut out the pecans and start taking flax seed oil (1 tablespoon in the am and 1 in the pm) to help things slide out better.
Kim is out of town for a few days so I will answer the question about canteloupes. For some people, it can cause loose stools which you don't want to have either because you can end up with a burning sensation that can linger and linger!
I sent you some ointment to put on the fissure that will hopefully protect it better when you go to the bathroom and that will help it from reopening. Let us know what you decide about your trip!
Take care,
L.

Postby dano » 03 May 2007, 20:30

hello..im new here....but the doctor ive been seeing said definetely stay away from peanuts of any kind,also mentioned something bout tortilla chips, said they may not digest all the way and could cause problems on the way out.....thought i would i mention this
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Guest » 03 May 2007, 20:33

Yeah, chips are bad news. I miss chips and spicy salsa but it's not worth the agony the next day and possible slowing down in healing!

Postby SunshineHope » 04 May 2007, 01:48

I agree, ouch, I don't even want to think about chips - as much as I do miss them!! hehe.. BTW Lecia, I've decided to go and am leaving tom morning, I'm just too crazy (or perhaps foolish/stupid) to want to miss out on it.. I just hope I don't ruin my chances of healing and mess up my fissure again, but I'm taking my fibre with me and promise to have lots of fibre there too (or try my best to) - and after all, it's only a weekend :bball: . I'm going to be extra careful though, I'm too sick of all this to not be careful!
Just praying and hoping itll get better. Take care everyone :kiss:
p.s. one day, may all of our butts be as soft, pain-free, and wonderful as the baby's in my avatar Image Image
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Guest » 04 May 2007, 06:44

p.s. one day, may all of our butts be as soft, pain-free, and wonderful as the baby's in my avatar Image Image
Let's hope so!
Have fun on your trip and be careful! I don't blame you for wanting to go!
Chat when you get back,
L.

Postby erik » 27 May 2007, 13:31

kate,
I am three months out from surgery and ever so often get a little blood on the toilet paper. maybe once a month. when I see the blood i feel that all is lost and then i realize that it is healing, just takes alot of time and persistence. i too should have seen a doc alot earlier in this process as it would have been much easier to heal. don't be too discouraged. also if you are taking any pain pills, aspirin, Advil etc. you may bleed more as they are blood thinners. Try Tylenol as it does not thin your blood. I think even flaxseed oil thins the blood. I am also young (relatively and hate to be worry about my bum all the time.)
all the best!
erik
erik
Salt Bather

Topics: 19