Rough Day Help!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Rough Day Help!

Postby Guest » 09 Aug 2007, 12:36

Having a real rough day today. My worst in 2 weeks. Had a fairly normal BM this morning (no blood, no real pain) but for some reason it left me feeling "raw" down there. I've been feeling uncomfortable all day with this raw sensation and then I had another BM at lunch. :no: My stool was soft but I went alot and unfortunately there was blood. I freaked out and started to cry. Of course had to contain myself as a had to go back to my desk. I don't know what to do. I'm at the end of my rope. I want my life back.

It will get better

Postby Guest » 09 Aug 2007, 13:25

I'm not sure why but a fissure seems to be one of those 3 steps forward 2 steps back things. I felt like I was on a roller coaster - great day or days then bad day. It seems like a marathon with detours, it will get better.

Re: Rough Day Help!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 09 Aug 2007, 13:30

Try to relax, Bum I!
The blood is *very* normal! I know it is scary, but as long as it is bright red, it is OK. VERY typical for most AF people. Keep telling yourself that every time you see it on the TP so you can overcome at least *that* anxiety!
Maybe something you ate didn't digest and scraped past your fissure during the BM -- that happens very easily. Chew your food well and eat soft things -- especially cooked vegetables!
Keep drinking your water and using a stool softener.
Go take a warm/hot bath and soak it well! Twenty minutes, at least! If you need, refresh the water in te minutes or so to keep it warm or hot.
You *will* get your life back. It may not happens as quickly as you like, but it will happen. Have you considered the less conservative measures, like botox or surgery or even the nitro cream....
Deleted User 5

Postby juney » 09 Aug 2007, 14:11

i know what you mean by the "raw" sensation down there. I also get that feeling when i have relatively normal and unpainful BMs. It doesn't make any sense to me. My bum is generally just very raw, sore, and uncomfortable for hours after BMs....especially while sitting at my desk all day at work. i feel for you, as i have cried many tears and know what it's like to want some kind of normal life back. it is soooo frustrating to feel decent for a few days and then have one day ruin all that. i experienced that yesterday. today is somewhat better luckily.

take ibuprofen if you have any! i take between 4-6 a day and that seems to help with the discomfort while at work. i've also recently started using 99% aloe vera gel topically down there. it's very soothing especially when things start burning and feeling raw, plus i think it can be helpful in healing. i'm crossing my fingers for both of us to feel better soon!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 09 Aug 2007, 14:35

Thank you all! I've calmed down a bit. Its just so tiring.
Kim, I've been on Nifedipine for 2 weeks now. It has helped with the spasms. Right now I'm just dealing with that constant "raw" sensation and of course the blood.
Of course being at work doesn't help.