Second LIS

Second LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Second LIS

Postby Suffer » 09 May 2021, 00:51

I live in Nothern Europe and have a free access to everything, however I could not find a top CRS that could cure my condition. It is frustrating. My 1.LIS was done at a private hospital and the result is pretty clear. If u know some top of the top CRSes anywhere, please share .
Suffer
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Rich44 » 10 May 2021, 09:32

Northern Europe? Which country? I know them all. Right now I bet you'd pay quite a lot of money to make your problem go away, wouldn't you? When I wanted to see the top CRS I ended up with, I found out he wouldn't take my old insurance and they said I had to see one of his two younger doctors in the office. Fortunately I had just started a new insurance (that cost more money) and he accepted it. Boy was I glad he did. The best surgeons are going to be in-demand and they will want to be paid for their skill level. I would think that a CRS would be worth their weight in gold as you are finding out. Maybe you need to travel to another country for this?
Fissure June 2014 - Oct 2020
Botox, skin tag removed - Feb 2015
Levator Ani Sep 2014 - Feb 2016 (left job, cured!)
LIS, skin tags removed - Oct 2020
Fissure 100% healed - Nov 2020
Still healed as of March 2024
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Suxsomuch2 » 11 May 2021, 22:58

Suffer, I am so sorry for your situation! I hope you can find the strength to remain positive. I think it's reasonable to assume you're current CRS won't do a second LIS if he or she thinks it will lead to incontinence. . . but see what they say about the colonoscopy . . . It might be fine, keep remembering that. If the results lead the current CRS to say another LIS is in order, I recommend another opinion or two. The opinions of my first and second CRS are night and day as mentioned in my earlier post. A second LIS should really be a last resort, recommended by at least 3 CRSs, I think.
Cancerous polyps May 2018
Confirmed polyps removed July 2019
Extreme pain November 2020
Diagnosed with AF January 2021
LIS February 2021
Not healed
Suxsomuch2
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1