Should I have surgery or wait?

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Re: Should I have surgery or wait?

Postby Sufferingbadly » 20 Apr 2015, 10:54

ANYWAY- thanks for the reply. I have been researching endlessly on how to help this thing heal and yes, I too have started making my own coconut oil suppositories. I don't mix them with anything though. I use one after each BM because it is literally the only way I can walk after. It's so weird and amazing to me the instant pain relief that the coconut oil brings on, but I'm extremely hopeful that it is leading me on my way to recovery very very soon! I know it's a temporary relief but this morning after my BM, the pain was more at a level 4 when usually it's anywhere from 8-10! So I do notice some improvement and this is my 3rd day using the coconut oil. Also since using it, I no longer get the horrible shocking muscle spasms that I was getting! Yay! (Those would be so intense that if I were walking downstairs and not holding onto the railing, I'd probably fall!!) Anyway I hope u feel better soon also. Do you get the same type of instant relief from the coconut oil suppositories also?
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby anyway » 20 Apr 2015, 20:24

No not really but it's nice to put on the outside. When I first used them it seemed to make a BM a lot easier then it became more painful again but not like it used to be. I don't know if I overdid it as I have a sentinal pile, hemmies and fissures so may have aggravated one of the other problems. I just use the suppositories at night now. I find this condition changes for me all the time. As they say, 2 steps forward and 1 back. I do find massage is my only real immediate relief. It's difficult to describe but basically the big anal muscle is what I massage. Try it for those spasms if they return. Another thing I do is to sit on a cushion with some microbeads in it but heaps of space so I can move the beads around where I want them. Also standing to poop has helped a lot with the BM. I mention it in another post if you want details (or just ask). Good luck and let us know if it keeps improving for you.
anyway
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby suzyljank » 05 May 2015, 22:27

I would not recommend hem. surgery unless it's a last resort and absolutely necessary. I had it years ago and it caused so much scar tissue it set me on my journey of pain and agony, none of this showed up until almost 20 years later. I got a fissure, my first one healed but caused more scar tissue. The second one did not heal. I had it for almost a year and finally had LIS. Unfortunately this did not help but caused more scar tissue. My bms were as thin as a spaghetti noodle and that's not an exaggeration...I was in agony. I waited 5 years with this and finally went back to my CRS. I had so much scar tissue an exam was not possible in the office. I has an exam under anesthesia. I wound up having dilation and bilateral sliding flap anoplasty. (2 flaps were done and the donor sites were left open.) I was given a 2 year recovery period and I reached that a few weeks ago. I'm much better but not perfect but I'm glad I did the surgery. My CRS said my problems were caused by over aggressive hem. surgery. Too much tissue was taken. I would recommend trying miralax first. Keeping stools softer helps wth hems. Squatting potty is good too. When things act up a warm bath or sitting on a warm heating pad help. Try not to strain when having a BM. Just don't jump into hemmie surgery.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic