skin hypertrophic changes

Severe Anal/rectal pain

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

skin hypertrophic changes

Postby sfcharm917 » 17 Aug 2016, 21:20

Hi all.. I posted on here about three weeks ago with regard to severe anal/rectal pain over the last year and a half. I've seen two colo/rectal surgeons and three Gastroenterologist during that time. I had a colonoscopy and anoscope testing by all. I most recently had an MRI with fistula protocol to rule out the possiblity of fistula. It didn't show up and that's the good news. What did show up was skin hypertrophic changes which are palpable. Also diverticulosis without evidence of diverticulitis. Approximately 1.3 cm of nonenhancing inflammatory changes to the right of the rectum, likely represents chronic fat necrosis changes secondary to remote diverticulitis.

The colo/rectal Dr. called and said there was no smoking gun on the MRI. I continue to have severe anal/rectal pain, not all the time but when it starts I end up on oxycodone. I have never been told I had a diverticulitis attack however a year and a half ago when this all started they thought it could be diverticulitis and put me on cipro/flagyl and it cleared up. I am seeing My GI Dr. tomorrow and plan on asking him if this necrosis could be causing me all this pain. It's the first time in four MRI's over the last 18 months that anything showed up where the pain has been. Just wondering if anyone out there has any information or questions I could present to my GI Dr.
Thank you.
sfcharm917

Topics: 2

Re: skin hypertrophic changes

Postby Canadabum » 18 Aug 2016, 17:35

wish i could chime in with some help...unfortunately this is way above my pay grade.....please keep us posted on how you are doing and what your dr. suggests down the road

all best - canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19