Skin tag removed

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

Re: Skin tag removed

Postby kristiblue » 10 Aug 2011, 09:10

I too have a skin tag. Rather large in my opinion. Like a lima bean. My gastro dr said it was totally unrelated to my AF. They seem VERY related to me. Both tender and sore. I wanted it OFF yesterday,he said not now lets see if you can heal this AF first. Guess he feels may end up doing surgery since healing is rare,and he will just do both tag and AF at once. I want this thing OFF my butt!
kristiblue
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Guest » 10 Aug 2011, 10:52

Kristi,
Skin tags are a classic sign of a chronic fissure. I think any kind of trauma to that area can cause a skin tag but they commonly form with fissures. It's the bodys way of creating- defense to the tearing.... Have you seen a CRS?
I had mine removed w/ my LIS.
I'm not sure if you are already seeing a Colorectal Surgeon, but I would strongly advise that's who you let do surgery if it comes to that.

Postby kristiblue » 12 Aug 2011, 08:24

I have only seen the Gastro. I have a 2 week follow up and I pray he doesnt shove that thing in there again.It really hurts.But he prob will. I want this tag OFF! imho it just causes pulling on the internal tissue. Its a totally useless piece of skin that serves no purpose. I hate it and want to punch it right in the face! lol
kristiblue
Salt Bather

Postby Guest » 12 Aug 2011, 09:56

Lol, Kristi! I love your sense of humor.I wanted to punch mine in the face too and I agree it feels like it just caused things to be more stressed down there and tighter. Mine would swell and almost cover my whole B-hole. It was horrific Image

Postby kristiblue » 12 Aug 2011, 11:54

Exactly. I mean who needs that obstacle? Its hard enuff travelin thru the anal canal and then to hit a speed bump!? :roll:
kristiblue
Salt Bather

Postby rhs7787 » 29 Aug 2011, 17:26

Are there other methods to skin tag removal besides "cutting it" off?
rhs7787
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby ouchtear » 29 Aug 2011, 19:14

What Val said: "wondering if cleaning too much is bad"
I often wondered that too.. Maybe there is something natural in the gross stuff that would help heal it faster..
It's kinda gross.. but I too was OCD about having the area clean. Still am...
ouchtear
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby itpainsme » 29 Aug 2011, 19:26

rhs7787 wrote:Are there other methods to skin tag removal besides "cutting it" off?

Mine was cauterized (burned off). I was numbed and didn't feel any pain, just felt a hot feeling. I was awake and it was done in the CRS's office along with Botox and a fistulotomy. I would ask your CRS what methods he uses.
itpainsme
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Soreguy » 01 Sep 2011, 12:12

Did not end up seeing my CRS, was busy so just gonna see him soon for the follow up.
Things have healed pretty nicely, there is still some nerve pain but its resolving, being familiar with this type of pain I know it could take 1-2 years to fully recover.
No longer wasting toilet paper, it is flush down there but the skin tag wasnt fully removed, only the external part of it.
There is a small possibility that having the skin tag removed has allowed things to heal a bit better down there, it was being pulled at times which was mildly iritating. Over the past month I have been a lot better overall, no hemroid bleeding in a while.
Soreguy
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Soreguy » 15 Sep 2011, 12:05

This is probably the last time I will post here in a while.
Saw my CRS the other day, he was flat out, my appointment come about 40mins late and 3 people behind me were waiting, it was a 10min appointment as the next person had their appointment scheduled 10mins after me.
He just wanted to check if the removal healed. For the spasms he suggested I take rectogesic or diltiazam which I refused, the bleeding didn't concern him too much.
So I take it the healing process is all up to me now, the spasms are very gradually improving, I have opted for more codeine as they are a muscle relaxant and I tolerate them better than dilt, he agreed to give me a repeat.
The clenched feeling even though its mild now gets annoying after almost 12 months.
Bleeding is from one of the hemroids I assume and I just gotta keep taking magnesium I guess and it will go away.
Looks like I wont be needing a bidet and BMs are manageable although movement down there isnt normal yet dunno if it ever will be but as long as things keep improving its easy to stay positive.
Soreguy
Salt Bather

Topics: 11