Skin tag removed

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

Skin tag removed

Postby Soreguy » 26 Jul 2011, 23:04

Had the procedure yesterday, needle hurt a bit, took about 5minutes took 32mg codeine when the local wore off and havent need anymore since although I havent had a BM yet.
When I got home and removed the guaze there was a lot of bleeding but that stopped.
There is discharge I need to keep a tissue there and replace it 2-3 times a day.
The funny thing is the doctor never suggested to me to have it removed, I had to ask him and he curiously asked why, I told him because the area is hard to keep clean with it. I wonder what he would of said if I told him I was self conscious of it.
Soreguy
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: Skin tag removed

Postby Guest » 27 Jul 2011, 08:04

Hey Soreguy,
I also had my skin tag removed when I had LIS. It was sore for awhile. I notice improvements as each week passed and by week 6, I was doing pretty good with it.
Have you already had LIS or healed your fissure?

Postby Soreguy » 27 Jul 2011, 09:00

Not LIS I was lucky to of had my AF healed with diltiazem only, over a course of about 3-4 months.
I have mentioned it before but its worth mentioning again, my trick I think was keeping the actual AF constantly clean.
I still have spasms though not sure if its due to the previous AF or 2 hemroids that were ligated, I follow up in 2 months.
I was surprised to find no blood or pain on my BM following the skin tag removal.
Soreguy
Salt Bather

Postby Guest » 27 Jul 2011, 13:01

That's great, the diltiazem has worked for you. All the medical literature I've read has said nothing about keeping a fissure clean to heal it Image. The spasms/ tight sphincter are what keeps it from healing.
I lived in the bath with my fissure, couldn't have kept it any cleaner and the spasms kept re-tearing it. On the other hand since LIS I've had no spasms, sprayed my rear with a shower wand and used cotton(same regimen) just like I did pre-LIS and the fissure healed without- the spasms.
It's just my opinion but I've noticed a pattern with folks who are getting one of the ointments early while the fissure is still acute and using it 3-4 months along with diet, etc seem to have a better odds of healing conservatively.
Good Luck with your healing. Good you got rid of the skin tag! Hopefully the spasms you are still experiencing won't cause any problems in the future with your fissure!

Postby Soreguy » 04 Aug 2011, 05:43

Thanks Dawn.
The skin tag isnt fully removed, the main reason I want it removed is hygeine reasons.
Now that things have settled down a bit I can see its been trimmed but its not flush, I want to avoid needing to use a bidet.
So to everyone whos had a skin tag removed was it removed flush or was it incomplete?
I am going to call and request to speak to my CRS cause its not really acceptable the way it is now. I am just hoping it can actually be removed.
On a side note the discharge is so shameful lol.
Soreguy
Salt Bather

Postby val » 04 Aug 2011, 11:26

I think nearly all of us lived in the bath with our fissure! And a lot of us, me included, are ocd about cleanliness - so much so, it makes one wonder if being too clean and bathing a lot might be detrimental, and maybe thins the skin Image
If being clean heals a fissure, I sure shouldn't have got a fissure, or 2 fistulas!
A too-tight sphincter muscle is the cause of spasms - no amount of washing is gonna cure that!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 04 Aug 2011, 11:49

Hey Soreguy,
My skin tag was removed completely...

Postby val » 04 Aug 2011, 12:10

Mine too!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby itpainsme » 04 Aug 2011, 12:45

My skin tag was cauterized and it was located at the internal end of the fissure, so I did not even know it was there. My CRS said it would scab over and fall off. I have to say, I really didn't have any pain that felt internal, just external where the fistula was laid open.
I would call and ask about the extra skin, maybe it will shrink when the inflammation goes down. How was it removed?
itpainsme
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Soreguy » 04 Aug 2011, 17:24

Thanks all.
I just made another appointment for next week. It was cut off under local I think.
I am getting pain from it now, its nerve pain after a BM that lasts about 10minutes probably a notch below my worst AF pain.
I was told the procedure would be very painful but its no where near as bad as having an AF.
Soreguy
Salt Bather