Skin tags

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Skin tags

Postby Jen » 18 May 2008, 23:05

Fiss -
I always thought my hemmies were skin tags from the start. They kept growing and growing over the past year. I figured, since they were in the same spot as my fissure, they were skin tags. Finally, towards the end, my fissure and mock skin tages - aka hemmies - were always inflammed, swollen, pink/red, tender and UGLY. They really acted up after hard BM's. It seemed like half my anus had no more muscle tone. At first they did look like beans, but towards the end of my ordeal, they looked like the size of bing cherries. I actually posted a topic on this, and Lecia was the first person to tell me it sounded like hemmies and not skin tags.
I went to my CRS and told him my symptoms. He said it was definatley hemmies and not skin tags. I did not believe him at all and thought he was a quack! How could these bumps be hemmies and not skin tags if my fissure was in the same spot as them? Even though I thought the doctor was insane, I decided to take his advise on the RBL - it couldn't hurt anything. I had a total of 3 RBL's - after each one, the swelling (skin tags/hemmies) went down more and more. Recently, I looked in the mirror (not the magnifying side :shock: ) and I have no swelling at all - and no skin tags! Image
I saw like 5 different doctors and my current CRS was the only one who thought the skin tags were hemmies. He is a butt guru!!! I never even thought I had a hemmie problem before seeing him.I think that in some people hemmies and fissures can be related issue - and in mine they were! The swelling of the hemmies was putting presure on my fissure - causing it to retare.
I am glad I took care of them when I did. They were constantly getting worse and worse. If I did not have RBL, I believe sooner or later, I would have had prolapsing hemmies and would have had to have a more invasive method done to get rid of them.
It is alot easier having a BM now. There is less pressure in my anal canal and more room for my fissure to finally heal for good after the worst and longest year of my life. Image
Everyone's body is different. Just thought I would share this story - someone maybe in the same situation one day.
Keep us updated on your stubbern skin tag! That little bean has to go!! He is not welcome! Image
My hubby and I were laughing about your mucus story today while driving in the car! It is so darn cute and TOTALLY something I would do! Image I have not laughed that hard since Lecia's poop show story! Image
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 19 May 2008, 00:33

Thanks Jan Image for detailed information !!! Maybe I should pack my bags and come to your "Guru Pitka" butt doctor to solve the mystery Image !!! There is also possibility that my CRS who did my LIS hit the hemmie with the needle when administrating local anesthetic because there was much more swelling there than on any other part of the anus - including the part where incision was done Image . I called him coupe of times but he dismissed my concern repeating that any swelling for 2 weeks is absolutely normal Image. I than made app. with his assistant and she was concerned that there might have been thrombosed hemmie that bursted by the time I came to her since she saw small hole on the tip of my than fresh forming BIG skin tag. Oh my gosh - I can totally now see how there really could be hidden hemmie behind it. My SF CRS told me that small vein is coming strait into that tag but that it was not enlarged or anything. I suppose
one can not bend vein that is smooth and not bulging from the colon wall inward Image ??? I don't know what to do now - I guess I just have to be patient until somebody finally starts to take my case more seriously Image
Thank you Jen so much again - and I am soooo happy that I made you laugh Image - I really enjoy doing that Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby motherluch » 19 May 2008, 06:50

Fissy...
3 words of advice... GOLD BOND POWDER!!!!
Try it!!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby buttgirl » 19 May 2008, 10:34

Intersting fiss. when I had the infection that later turned into an abscess, it tracked into the skin tag. the tag would get bigger after each movement and then shrink as the day went on. the painw as definitely connected to the swelling. It burned like it was infected...and it was. I wish the drs had given me antibiotics when I asked for them 8 mos before the abscess finally erupted.
Now whenever I get that feeling, I go in and demand antibiotics. That takes care of the pain and the infected feeling. But it still does take a while to heal the infected patch so that nothing gets stuck there to cause an abscess.
then again, it could very possibly be hemmies. The CRS who gave me the botox shot hit something and I had a burnin soreness in the area for 3 months after that. In fact, a common complication to injections in the area is a hemmie. My last CRS injected on verge of the bottox, so I had a couple of sore pricky patches there but no other problems.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 19 May 2008, 14:13

Sorry you are having a rough time Fiss :(
I really hope things start to feel better for you very soon Image

Postby val » 19 May 2008, 14:31

Image Image Image Image

I'm sorry our Fissy is so down, I hope you feel better in every way very soon!

XXOOXX
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 19 May 2008, 14:36

Skin tags and hemmies can be so similar. But a thrombosed external hemorrhoid will be bluish. I wonder if getting to the source of the blood would help. I had one CRS who tried infrared coagulation on the internal hemmie to see if it would cut off the blood supply to the skin tag. She ended up burning my butt (don't know if you guys remember that fiasco) but in more capable hands it might help.

Postby Fissulyna » 19 May 2008, 14:37

Thank you all, my buddies for all of the advices and input and words of encouragement - it helps tremendously Image . I will try all that was suggested and if my situation does not improve in a 3-4 weeks I guess another turn of exams is in the picture.
I hope that you all feel much MUCH better today and that all of you are on the steady road of complete healing :sprinkleheart:
XOXOOOO
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 19 May 2008, 14:41

Lecia- baby - I remember :( . I even think that your husband was not in town that day Image Image Image. It is just not fair that we all here have to go through so much pain - but what can we do Image At least we have each other on this board to understand and offer advice and shoulder to cry Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby buttgirl » 19 May 2008, 15:23

I remember too Lecia.
I hope you are both feeling better today.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67