Skin tags

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Skin tags

Postby cherylk » 18 May 2008, 07:15

Does anyone know of a treatment for a skin tag other than surgical removal?
Thanks for any feedback,
Cheryl K.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Re: Skin tags

Postby Guest » 18 May 2008, 08:05

I used aloe vera on mine 3 times a day and it did seem to shrink is up considerably. I think as long as it isn't connected to a main hemorrhoidal vein it can shrink on its own. It is when I had one that was part of a thrombosed hemorrhoid that wouldn't go away that I had surgery, which required removing the hemorrhoidal column, (internal and external) which got rid of the skin tag.
But the one I had that was a sentinel pile shrunk with aloe vera.

Postby cherylk » 18 May 2008, 11:22

Thanks, Lecia. I will ask my CRS about aloe vera.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby happyass » 18 May 2008, 17:04

aloe vera is a wonderful source.
i also like to add in some vitamin e gel.
the tricky thing is that when you have your skin tag like right next to your fissure! sometimes what you do for your skin tag, your fissure won't like and visa-versa.
also reducing your strain while having a BM or even letting out a fart! can help in reducing the size of your skin tag - sometimes the skin tag does get engorged with blood - which this can be the beginning of a hemmy or simply it will stay as a skin tag - and if you don't exert any pressure down there, you will help avoid blood going into the space of the skin tag.
damn those skin tags!!!!
also, another one of my favorite things to put on a nagging and out of control irritating skin tag is Vicks Vapor Rub. i only recommend it if you don't have a fissure nearby.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Fissulyna » 18 May 2008, 18:22

Mine skin tag is driving me crazy Image !!! Yesterday it completely deflated just to bulge up this morning Image !!! It's size DEFINITELY effects pain in my anus and around the fissure. When it is deflated it hurts much less all over Image !
And yes, pushing makes it bulge !!!! Last night I has very soft poop - just like paste and since it was so soft it took ages to go out bc it did not stretch internal sphincter to make it contract and push poop naturally. So I had to give it a little help - I mean it was such a gentle push but it was enough to make it swell again Image ! I just don't know how to mix Nifedipamine or Nitro with aloe - I mean - it can not mix since one is fat and other water based so they can't make emulsion Image . I am soooooo mad again that I wish I maybe DID cut it off at least to see if there is hemmi behind it or what :flush: ????!!! %^%*&^$%#$@$%#!#$#!
HATE MY BUTT IN GENERAL !!!!! Today I am sooo p***ed off that it is hard to be around me - I feel sorry for my family Image ... and it is my sister's B-day today :(
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 18 May 2008, 18:28

I understand completely. I was under the mercy of my skintag for months and months. You are so right about the pasty poop being harder to push out-that you have to exert more effort than you do if it is more formed.

I use to put the diltiazem on 3 times and inbetween I put the aloe on. It was a lot of finger/butt time but it did seem to help. I can't even find the skintag that I had that was a sentinel pile, so I really think there is hope for you.

Postby Fissulyna » 18 May 2008, 18:34

Awwwwe, my baby-Lecia - thanks for believing that there is hope for me - today I have no hope which is not so often that I feel that way so I a at loss
:( . I will try your trick Image I will also try to put chamomile and white oak over night and see what happens. Thanks buddy Image !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 18 May 2008, 18:49

I also wondered if a doctor could do a shot of cortisone there. I know they do that to shrink big pimples quickly.

Postby Jen » 18 May 2008, 19:58

Everyone -
I was certain for about a year that I had 2 skin tags - They were really tender and swollen after bowel movements. I found out after my recent RBL, that they were hemmies. Image
I realize this is not the case for everyone, but I just though I would give you all something to think about. Image
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 18 May 2008, 22:20

Lecia buddy, thanks for the idea, although I don't think that either of my CRSs would be willing to do that- I mean, if they did not suggest it they probably don't even know about that possibility Image . My CRS in SF did suggest cortisone cream and I do use it sparingly because I am afraid of the
yeast. BTW, is it time for us to get our periods yet? I lost the count again with all this commotion Image
Jen - thank you so much for the info. I have this suspicion for long time - that it is something behind the tag that is swelling. Even before the exam when I described symptoms she said that usually hemmies behave like that butt after she saw fissure she concentrated on that.
I wonder if there is outside hemmie that swells - puts extra pressure on perianal area and makes fissure open Image ????
How do you know now that they were hemmies and not tags Jen? Did they disappear after ligation ? Were your tags pink in color and loked lke small bean when swollen?
Thanks so much in advance :_):
Lecia- how did your stubborn hemmie caused "tag" looked like ? Did it ever change color ? I read that thrombosed ones become bluish. Or maybe they do not have to be thrombosed to swell !?!
Fissulyna
VIP