Skin Tags???

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

Re: Skin Tags???

Postby Bobcat » 30 Jan 2011, 13:14

Dawn that sounds awful!
Same happened to me, skin tag developed 3 months after the fissure. I haven't had any problems with swelling yet, but the pain is seriously messing with my mind!
Bobcat
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Guest » 30 Jan 2011, 13:34

I'm so sorry Bobcat! I understand , it really takes a toll. I was so depressed with mine. It's like your whole life revolves around dealing with the pain, just surviving.
Getting rid of it with my LIS is the best thing I could have ever did. I'm so glad my CRS wanted to and I was able to get the courage up to do it. Having mine removed was much easier than the pain it brought having it. I did everything under the sun and couldn't make mine go away. Image

Postby sphinctersaurus » 30 Jan 2011, 15:46

My skin tag first appeared about 2 - 3 months after the I first tore myself a new one ... or a bigger one ... or what ever! Really sorry to hear your in so much pain Bobcat.
I've just upset mine too, at least I think it's the tag. I dunno, it's hard to tell anymore. All I know is that it hurts!
The only thing I find helpful when the tag really gets angry, is that it's best to avoid any kind of contact with it at all. If you're not already doing so, I find it's best to wash with the shower head. If you don't have one of those shower heads you can buy the ones that attach to the taps from hardware stores and sometimes even supermarkets. After washing I dry the area with a blow dryer on cool.
I've just hurt mine ... like half an hour ago! It's already doubled in size! It's all bloated and red and actually looks like it's got a little cut on it. All I did was have a BM.
Jeez, they really are easy to annoy!
Bobcat, I really hope yours calms down soon. It's pretty natural to be depressed ... even rational! Right there with you Image
sphinctersaurus
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby Guest » 30 Jan 2011, 16:06

That's what happened to me Sphinctersauras! When I first got my fissure, there was mild pain when bm'ing and just a spot of blood here and there. I had the spasms but couldn't figure out what was going on....then I took the metamucil and felt the "new one" after the HUGE bm.... and that's when the skin tag reared it's ugly head!
Yours sound just like mine did. It didn't take anything to make it worse.

Postby Bumbutt » 31 Jan 2011, 02:06

If my new little thingy is a skin tag, then it has also appeared 3 months after the fissure. Also, I've had light bleeding for the first time since this all started, around the same time as the appearance of the skin tag. None of that monstrous swelling you guys mention... yet! I've been taking it quite easy.
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby Bobcat » 02 Feb 2011, 14:23

Well, I've ended up on the sick.....was prescribed Amitryptyline 2 weeks ago as a night time pain killing tablet......only to be told today that I shouldn't be taking it because it reacts with my other tablets and can cause cardiac arrest!! Image Glad I didn't find that out for myself!!
Been a bad day.........back to square one, I still think the fissure is fine, but the pain has been horrendous.........not walking well, don't want to drive etc etc.......I've ordered some dairy, sugar free chocolate to try to cheer myself up!!
Bobcat
Salt Bather

Postby StevePain » 02 Feb 2011, 14:53

I also ended up on the sick Bobcat, working was not an option, as for the Amitriptyline, its an anti-depressant but is widely used as a painkiller but is totally useless for fissure pain! Can't believe they prescribed something that can interact with your other medication!!!
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Bobcat » 03 Feb 2011, 00:15

StevePain wrote:I also ended up on the sick Bobcat, working was not an option, as for the Amitriptyline, its an anti-depressant but is widely used as a painkiller but is totally useless for fissure pain! Can't believe they prescribed something that can interact with your other medication!!!

Hi Steve, I found that it gave me a fully rested pain free night. And without it for the first time last night, I have had 4 hours sleep and a tortured night. I tried to get Tramodol or something like that, but was basically told that any of the stronger pain killers that I can take (ones I'm not allergic to) can all cause constipation! The advise in the end was............take codeine and have lactulose with the docusate sodium every morning!! Great advice eh? So, I'm in paid and relying on paracetamol........fabulous! And to top things off, I'm convinced I tore last night. Don't think it was a full tear, but enough to fill the loo :(
Bobcat
Salt Bather

Postby Bumbutt » 03 Feb 2011, 02:27

That's too bad you've had some steps backwards Bobcat. You're on sick leave now? In the UK does that mean you can stay home for awhile and still get paid? Hope you can rest up. GOod idea to get the chocolate to cheer you up! I don't have a problem with it, so chocolate is a good cheerer-upper for me - along with dates and prunes - and an Oprah magazine. Whatever it takes to keep the spirits up!
Will you see a CRS?
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby Bobcat » 03 Feb 2011, 02:49

Hi BB!
Yes I'm on sick leave, but payment is at management discretion, and I now only get statutory sick pay, which is something like Ј15 a day!! That's why I'm only taking time when I really really need it. Just been to the loo and I'm now bleeding actively so I'm really back to square one :(
Was thinking of trying dairy free spreads and yoghurts, have you tried anything like that?
Bobcat
Salt Bather