smaller meals

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

smaller meals

Postby Nebelwerfer_ » 08 Nov 2009, 11:19

Last night I went to PF Changs last night and ordered a vegetarian meal, basically stirfried veggies. It was a big meal for my body size and I was quite full. I took my normal dose of miralax and even drank some metamusil before bed. When I woke up this morning to make a BM... it was quite large, but still soft at the same time. The result was a re-tear, and the most blood I have ever seen come from my AF's. Image
My new rule: smaller portion meals= smaller bm's.
On a weird sidenote, even though it was the most blood I have ever seen, it was one of the least painfull ones. About a 1-2 on the 10 scale of pain.
Perhaps the more food you eat in a meal, the harder it is for the miralax to keep up with. your thoughts?
Nebelwerfer_
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: smaller meals

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 09 Nov 2009, 13:35

I've never been a big eater so I can't comment too much here. But for me I generally prefer to concentrate my eating around certain times (i.e., eat fewer big meals as opposed to many small ones). That seems to make my BMs more efficient in that the stool exits at once as opposed to over many bathroom visits. My digestive system has never really been very normal though so that may just be one of its idiosyncracies. I've never understood how other people can eat a bunch of different things all throughout the day and it just leaves in one single BM every morning. That's some mindblowing stuff :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby derryboy » 09 Nov 2009, 16:05

bowels eh, wish i had a good set. pity we cant just roll up to a hospital garage and get new parts when require.
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20

Postby Nebelwerfer_ » 10 Nov 2009, 00:24

NeuropathicGuy wrote:I've never been a big eater so I can't comment too much here. But for me I generally prefer to concentrate my eating around certain times (i.e., eat fewer big meals as opposed to many small ones). That seems to make my BMs more efficient in that the stool exits at once as opposed to over many bathroom visits. My digestive system has never really been very normal though so that may just be one of its idiosyncracies. I've never understood how other people can eat a bunch of different things all throughout the day and it just leaves in one single BM every morning. That's some mindblowing stuff :)

Well, the larger the meal you eat in a short amount of time, the bigger the risk you run of a large poop to pass. Ideally, but not conveniently we should eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day, and as a result make more frequent (but more smaller and moist and softer) poops. so that is my gameplan to heal this darn SOB
Nebelwerfer_
Salt Bather

Postby cherylk » 10 Nov 2009, 04:02

I think having more frequent bm's helps to keep them smaller, moister, and softer. The longer "stuff" stays in the colon, the harder and drier it becomes because that is the role of the colon--to dry things out! I started improving with my fissure when I started having 3 bm's a day! :roll:
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Nebelwerfer_ » 10 Nov 2009, 08:50

:)
Nebelwerfer_
Salt Bather

Postby afugh!! » 12 Nov 2009, 06:32

I think 3 bm's should be the max.More than 3 can make your poop hole sore Image .I only take one a day.I don't have enough time in the day to have more and I would be damned if I have to bm at work and use their thin rough tissue papers on my bum :)
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby cherylk » 12 Nov 2009, 08:27

Carry cotton balls along with you! Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby afugh!! » 13 Nov 2009, 19:19

I always eat 3 meals a day of the same size and portion and one bm when I wake up is all I need especially now that my fissure is healed.I have a handful of wet naps under my desk at work if needed but I don't think its soft enough for buttholes Image
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19