so much pain

how to cure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

so much pain

Postby dps395 » 21 Feb 2018, 09:27

hi i have a chronic fissure for 7 years now, finally have a colonoscopy scheduled. i have tried at least 4 different ointments to help relieve the pain and nothing works. I have a searing burning like pain and also have a hemerroid . that burning pain is actually driving me crazy , last night i 0ut proctofoam-hc on it which was a script from the doctor and it burned 10x worse than before. I was on the kitchen floor in tears and agony wondering how i can be out out of my misery. I have sitz baths after ever bm which is fine and i know the fissure and roid are healing a bit after one week. But my main concern is the pain, it will not stop , as soon as i start walking around its like a fire ant is biting me . I NEED SOMETHING FOR THE PAIN ASAP, I'm going crazy. anusol plus, prep H, and proctofoam-HC have all made the burning pain 10x worse. I am going to the store to try baby cream , sudocrem i guess, Any other suggestions.?
dps395
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: so much pain

Postby Eiffel bum » 21 Feb 2018, 10:31

7 years is a really long time for fissure. you should give LIS some serious thought
Eiffel bum
Fibre Addict

Postby dps395 » 21 Feb 2018, 11:04

i want surgery asap but until further noticw from the bum bum doctor i just reqlly want to deal with the pain, been out of work the last three days and honestly dont know when i can go back. i am industrial mechanic and do a lot of walking and moving around, its impossible to do my job in this condition and im starting to fwwl depressed about it.
dps395
Fibre Addict

Postby Eiffel bum » 21 Feb 2018, 11:15

If it's a fissure pain that try to get nifedipine, nitro or dilitiazam apply it internally that will help. Fissure pain is more like a spasm it really increases after bowel motion. So may want to use a stool softener to keep them soft. Hope it helps. I don't know much roids so can't help with them much. Watch ur diet eat more soluble fiber stay away from foods that may constipate u.
Eiffel bum
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 21 Feb 2018, 11:29

If you have a fissure the cream for hems may make the fissure worse. I found GTN cream to be the best for spasms. I also found gabapentin to be one of the best painkillers for a spasm.
I hope you get the help you need as spasm pain is the worse pain I have ever experienced
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby dps395 » 21 Feb 2018, 11:34

So the pain feels like its coming from the underside of the roid, just on the threshhold of external/ internal . i believe there is a cut there that i think is the fissure itself. that is the point where contact of any type of medication amplifies the burning pain. So what im saying is i dont know exactly where the pain is and if its the roid or the fissure , ive already spent near $100 for store bought stuff and prescription.
dps395
Fibre Addict

Postby Eiffel bum » 21 Feb 2018, 11:38

You should really get it first checked by Doc to know the exact reason of pain, fissure or roid, at this point thats the best course of action to know what really is causing the pain.
Eiffel bum
Fibre Addict

Postby Hopefull123 » 21 Feb 2018, 11:40

Your pain comes from your fissure and the spasming muscles all around. My doc said hems will not cause that kind and so much pain unless thry are quite large and external. You meed LIS immediately. In a meantime take gabapentin as Mypoorbutt suggested. You can also try laxatives with a very strict diet without grains, nuts, sugar, chocolate, rice, dairy, do your stool is soft which will ease the pain. But it will not be a long term solution. Get the surgery done.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby dps395 » 21 Feb 2018, 14:16

update.. baby cream did nothing for the pain I'm on my second sitz and it just Burns like crazy , will be one week tomorrow like this and my colonoscopy is not until the 27th. Feeling very irritated and miserable this is nothing short of torture
dps395
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 21 Feb 2018, 14:53

If your burning is coming from spasms...burning probaby means minor spasms...then nothing will stop it apart from sitz baths and creams specific for a fissure. Did your doc see a fissure if so he should be able to prescribe diliatazem or GTN. Lots of gps give the wrong meds for fissures and some in the U.K. will not prescribe GTN unless advised too by a CRS.
Sudocrem will protect the area but you need to apply it before a BM to get the best results and the best it can do is help reduce the amount of residue left behind with will sting the fissure and cause burning and spasms to start.
Also don’t wipe with toilet paper after a BM try to use a shower head or portable bidet to clean the area as wiping can irritate fissures
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20