Sphincter spasm

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Sphincter spasm

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 15 Feb 2013, 00:09

Reni wrote:Is there anyone who got rid off the spasm without surgery. Now I'm almost pain free no blood at all. Pressure down there is killing me. I'm using nitro cream still no progress. I wonder if surgery is the only option...

Reni, I had surgery about a year ago (a LIS and fissurectomy) - and I still have spasms, sometimes. My fissure is gone, and my bms are much easier - but sometimes, I have spasms (usually at night). What I do is take half a valium, and that settles things down.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby Reni » 15 Feb 2013, 01:01

Mine is like I have to push something out. It usually goes away at night time and would come back after bm in the morning. But today its worse and I couldn't sleep. I'm thinking I'm gna call my doc tomorrow morning and go ahead with the surgery. I can stand the pain but this sensation. Did you have pain before lis
Reni
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Reni » 15 Feb 2013, 01:03

Also what's your spasm like if u describe it? And thanks for responding
Reni
Salt Bather

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 15 Feb 2013, 12:11

Reni wrote:Mine is like I have to push something out. It usually goes away at night time and would come back after bm in the morning. But today its worse and I couldn't sleep. I'm thinking I'm gna call my doc tomorrow morning and go ahead with the surgery. I can stand the pain but this sensation. Did you have pain before lis

Reni, I had horrible, horrible pain before my surgery. My fissure would not heal. I was at my wit's end with it.
My spasms feel like pulsating, kind of tightening sensations, where the anal area just feels tight and not relaxed. Kinda hard to describe, I guess. Sometimes I do get soreness around the surgical site - and it's taken me awhile to heal - but I'm much better than I was. Definitely.
Once you get past the surgery and have some time to heal - and you DO need to give yourself time - I think you'll be glad you had the surgery. Of course, that kind of decision is a personal one - but I'm glad I made that decision (to have the surgery).
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Reni » 15 Feb 2013, 15:41

I just called my surgeon and will see him on Tuesday and we will schedule a surgery. Even I don't have much pain I cant stand this sensation. What should I prepare before surgery. I kind of have some idea since had hem surgery but any suggestion would appreciate it
Reni
Salt Bather

Postby Rachael 1984 » 15 Feb 2013, 17:18

Hi everyone! Does anyone have/ or had horrible burning weird kinda itching! Hard to describe?! Like a hot rod in there all day?! I get the knife pains, but this weird burn is hard to love! I hate this! I am also finding my front end is affected too?! Any ladies experienced this?! Help!😈😈💉💉💉💉💉
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 15 Feb 2013, 20:05

Rachael 1984 wrote:Hi everyone! Does anyone have/ or had horrible burning weird kinda itching! Hard to describe?! Like a hot rod in there all day?! I get the knife pains, but this weird burn is hard to love! I hate this! I am also finding my front end is affected too?! Any ladies experienced this?! Help!😈😈💉💉💉💉💉

Rachael - in my experience with my fissure, then surgery, then recovery - I've found that any time my backside is really bothering me, my front end feels bothered, too. It's weird how the nerves are connected, but that seems to be the case, at least for me.
You might have a fissure. Probably best to have it checked. Good luck and let us know how you do.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 15 Feb 2013, 20:10

Reni wrote:I just called my surgeon and will see him on Tuesday and we will schedule a surgery. Even I don't have much pain I cant stand this sensation. What should I prepare before surgery. I kind of have some idea since had hem surgery but any suggestion would appreciate it

Reni - you'll surely need time off, post surgery (if you work outside the home), to rest and recover. You'll also want to watch your diet, being very careful to make sure your post-surgery bms are soft. (Alot of people use stool softeners, etc.) Some people soak in warm baths, to help with the pain and cleanliness, and some people use sitz baths. I made sure to leave the area uncovered (no underwear - I just wore a bathrobe during the day and only a shirt at night), so that it could get air.
Your surgeon may give you a list of post-op suggestions - mine did not, so I had to kinda figure it out on my own. You might need help cleaning the area, post-surgery.
So, those are just a few things to remember.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Reni » 15 Feb 2013, 20:26

Thanks sweet. The problem is I'm having diarrhea every other day. I had lots of diarrhea after my hem surgery. Doctors have no answers for this so far. I'm trying to balance it with my food. I afraid what if I have diarrhea after the surgery like I did with hem surgery.
Reni
Salt Bather

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 15 Feb 2013, 22:02

Reni wrote:Thanks sweet. The problem is I'm having diarrhea every other day. I had lots of diarrhea after my hem surgery. Doctors have no answers for this so far. I'm trying to balance it with my food. I afraid what if I have diarrhea after the surgery like I did with hem surgery.

Hmm . . . well, have you changed your diet? If you don't have some type of bowel condition (like, a virus, or colitis), I'm wondering why you would have the diarrhea . .
You'll definitely need to discuss this with your doctor. He might have suggestions. --- My mother has gone through a horrible bout of continual diarrhea, and hers turned out to be colitis. She's taking medication for it and is improving, greatly.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure