SUCCESS Story: My AF Journal

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: SUCCESS Story: My AF Journal

Postby AF Angel » 27 Jan 2013, 20:06

cherylk, ring of fire,
Thanks much ! It is a feeling of true blessing even to be in a condition to write this experience. So, I felt that it is my duty to my fellow sufferers to journal each and every experience I had. Let all of us find relief from this once and forever.
- AF Angel
AF Angel
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby delasama » 27 Jan 2013, 23:53

yes metamucil made stool bulky after a week.i might switch my breakfast too. i been eating oatmeal and thinking about bran flakes instead. maybe bran flakes will give me softer stool than oat meal?
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby PIA » 28 Jan 2013, 03:46

Thank you AF Angel, an excellent and concise summary and great spot to refer first time forum posters to read. Your common sense and logic is most valued. I hope that I too may be able to post a healed account in the future. XX Pia
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby owmybum » 28 Jan 2013, 05:49

Wow... Thank you so much for taking the time to write this very informative post.
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby delasama » 28 Jan 2013, 08:37

im gonna try the ghee and milk thing and cod liver pills
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby Port » 01 Feb 2013, 23:25

delasama wrote:yes metamucil made stool bulky after a week.i might switch my breakfast too. i been eating oatmeal and thinking about bran flakes instead. maybe bran flakes will give me softer stool than oat meal?
Oatmeal is soluble and Bran is insoluble fiber.
AF Angel...that was the most informative post I've found on here, thank you very much.
Port
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby CrackinUp » 02 Feb 2013, 03:57

I'm convinced if I didn't push that nothing would come out, there is just too much tension.
How long exactly do you sit there waiting? I think I'd be in there for ages where as a quick push gets it over and done with. Hate to think I'm making things worse...
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Jessjess » 02 Feb 2013, 08:03

Thanks AF Angel! I wish I had seen your post a week ago! I have 2 days to go till surgery! Thank God and I have been praying everyday for God's help to get through the day.
I am going to copy your post over to my computer so I will always have it on hand for my diet for now and post surgery. Image Image
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

what worked for me

Postby fissuregirla » 02 Feb 2013, 10:30

Hi I made a promise to myself that if my fissure got better i would post what worked for me on here to help other people with this awful problem.
This is what I did, hopefully will help some of you:
added sprinklefiber to my water, juice etc it is a tasteless fiber that you can add to food or water
eight glasses of water or juice etc a day
see if your oc will prescribe nitroglycerion .2 percent cream i think it helped not sure because on the same day i started using
Fission Control by force of nature u can buy that on amazon
i also would apply coconut oil to the area it helped it from being itchy or burning
i also drink one glass of a mixture of prune juice and blueberry juice every night with a little probiotic powder in it
other than that eating pretty normally just try not to eat too much meat and eat healthier overall
also i use hemorroidal wipes instead of toilet paper and do sitz baths once in a while
hope this helps someone!

fissuregirla

Postby AF Angel » 02 Feb 2013, 11:50

PIA wrote:Thank you AF Angel, an excellent and concise summary and great spot to refer first time forum posters to read. Your common sense and logic is most valued. I hope that I too may be able to post a healed account in the future. XX Pia

Thanks PIA. Yes, you too will be healed one day. I am sure. We will all reach there, one day or the other. Our means might be different but the destination is for sure brighter and happier days... I am trying hard now to avoid any re-tears. My battle is still not yet over, but lots of hope now compared to the initial days... Let's all pray for each other. Good luck.
- Angel
AF Angel
Salt Bather