Surgery Monday Morning

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Surgery Monday Morning

Postby nc9060 » 05 Dec 2009, 00:15

Having LIS surgery monday morning. kinda apprehensive. i mean im so miserable right now anyway with itching and pain during BM that im hoping anything is better than right now.
im just nervous about how long i will be out of work. im seeing some people are ok after 7-10 and others almost a month. my job requires a lot of sitting, combined spurts of heavy lifting, and just stress/strain in general.
nc9060
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Surgery Monday Morning

Postby suzyljank » 05 Dec 2009, 12:00

Hi, don't be nervous, the surgery itself isn't too bad. As for healing, that's an individual thing. Some people heal quickly and return to work shortly, other can take a while. Sitting may be a little tricky for a while. After I had my surgery I could only sit for short periods of time for quite a while. Remember LIS doesn't fix the fissure, it just relax the sphincter muscle so the fissure can heal. Best of luck. Remember to keep your stools soft and easy to pass even after the surgery and you'll heal quicker. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Re: Surgery Monday Morning

Postby nc9060 » 17 Dec 2009, 22:49

well its been a week plus since surgery.
the day of surgery, i had it done at 9am, was a bit much. the doc used way too much of this glue stuff on the bandage. it all didnt come off till about 5-6 days later. and i used everything but a knife to get it off.
they say men might have problems urinating, i went as soon as i got home. it is a very weird feeling since ur still numbed and cant really stop or squeeze i also passed a BM withing 2 hours of surgery. lots of blood, but after that there was none.
the week was good. there was some itching and now about 10 days after surgery the itching is the only problem i have. BM dont hurt, only the cleaning after. there are open cuts from two biopsies taken so they are taking their sweet ass time to heal and burn a ton, even with scotts wipes.....actually they burn a lot.
so do i regret it? not really. no other issues and im happy the process of a BM doesnt hurt. I just wish whatever "cuts" or "open" areas that are present would just heal. the itching is driving me NUTS....as well as the occasional burning. i did get a hydrocortisone script from the doc and its helping a lot. i think if the itching would stop it would heal.
now the new problem is this cramping i have below my belly button. had a colo with biopsies and one area came back negative for chrons, this was 2 months ago. went to my regular doc today and im getting a pelvic cat scan next week. hoping nothings wrong and its just a little virus that is passing through.....been going on for 4 days and i feel healthy.
theres my recap. lol
nc9060
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2