Surgery Schedule 2nd time

So nervous

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Surgery Schedule 2nd time

Postby sandrasmiles7 » 05 Oct 2016, 22:56

I got my anal fissure 7 months ago after having a c-section. I had been super constipated from the medication so when I finally went it was so hard that I tore. My surgeon was willing to let me have the surgery right away without other measures but I told her I wanted to wait and try siltz baths, diazapem cream, and miralax. I thought I was almost healed after about 3 months of doing these measures. I cancelled the sugery. Then I got the stomach flu. I didn't take the mirlax and re-tore. It seems that everytime I was almost healed there could be a set back. I miss out on a lot because of the focus I spend on healing. My sugery is in 3 weeks. I'm wondering what I should do if I get "Almost healed" I'm nervous they will put me under and then I won't need it.
sandrasmiles7
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Surgery Schedule 2nd time

Postby pinpin » 21 Nov 2016, 01:50

Hi,

I completely understand your worries, the same dilemma I had when fissure was somewhat healed. My experience is that at some point of time after 9 months of suffering I stopped thinking I will completely recover, and decided to go. Though, that breaking point is different for all of us. I hope your surgery went well, and you are much better now.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good