Surgery Yesterday

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Surgery Yesterday

Postby littlebutterfly » 04 May 2013, 16:35

I bit the bullet and had LIS yesterday. The doctor said it was the worst he has seen. Which felt validating due to how much pain I have been in. He also removed a sentinel pile that showed some infection. Last night the pain was out of this world. I succumbed to Vicodin. I have gained two pounds in the last day. I am very sensitive to drugs and think that the Propofol, Vicodin, numbing agents, etc. affected my kidneys or I am allergic. I am trying to stop all pain meds as of now. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Does the pain get better from here? I PRAY TO GOD. I never want to experience this again in my life. Worst two months of my life. Worst ever.
littlebutterfly
Salt Bather

Topics: 21

Re: Surgery Yesterday

Postby suzyljank » 04 May 2013, 18:43

Hi, please don't panic. Did you get an IV? When they fill you up with IV fluids it's just water weight. If you're able to urinate and it has a yellow tint to it you should be ok. If you're really concerned call your doctor. Only you can determine if you can go without pain meds. I just had a double flap surgery a week ago Friday and I'm managing with ibuprofen during the day and norco at night. I'm not pain free on the ibuprofen but it does help some. By the way congratulations on having your surgery, that's a big step, now you're on the road to recovery so just give it time. All the best Suzy.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic