Thank goodness for a fissure!

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Thank goodness for a fissure!

Postby realpainintherear » 03 Oct 2016, 13:18

My fissure resurfaced after several years and was the worst one yet. This one would not heal like the first couple did on its own. After reading several success stories I realized that my diet needed to be changed if I wanted to stop the constant agonizing pain. I began to eat a high fiber diet and drink lots of water (4-5 16oz bottles a day). I began eating lots of fruits and salads and Fiber One snack bars. I was used to drinking 3 or more Cokes a day but have not had one in 6 weeks. I take 2-4 stool softening gel caps a day which along with the diet have kept my stool extremely soft. Sorry for the vivid description but the stool simply falls out which is key. I have lost 15lbs and I'm feeling great. I've had no spasms in six weeks and life is back to normal. Not only is my rear end doing great, but my overall health is improving and I have the fissure to thank!
realpainintherear
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Thank goodness for a fissure!

Postby pinpin » 01 Nov 2016, 06:18

Welcome, and thank you sharing you story. It is indeed great you had that side effect from fissure :D
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby mamafizz » 03 Nov 2016, 13:19

I am 58 grandma and really hoping to be good as new for the holidays... Treated for fissure (yet to be seen) but spasms have been the worst. Started nitro but was using too small of amount. So Oct 6th started to use proper way. Some relief from the months prior but still painful tightness and spasm, not too painful upon using the bathroom. Diet changed lost 40 pounds, and would feel great but have to lay on my side as standing and sitting too painful. Just wondered if I should stick it out with the nitro. needs 8 weeks sometimes anothe round or try the botox, do not want to be in worse pain for the holidays. 6 children and 7 grandchildren need me, I have been MIA too long.... God willing I will be healed soon... Any success story with botox or nitro for extended time?
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby realpainintherear » 22 Nov 2016, 08:01

i used nitro with my first one and it helped. didn't help with this one. only high fiber diet and lots of water
realpainintherear
Fibre Addict

Postby mamafizz » 22 Nov 2016, 11:19

I started with nitro but didnt use it right... now the past 5.5 weeks have been using it as directed so some relief, this is going on 5 months, total.. do you think that once the fissure is healed the constant tightness and spasms will eventually subside? This is the first one i ever had?!
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mamafizz » 22 Nov 2016, 11:21

Still cant sit down...ugh taking forever... I am eating healthy and lost a ton of weight so that's good..
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby realpainintherear » 05 Dec 2016, 02:16

mamafizz - although i have no more spasms, whenever I go, I can still feel the tightness. If I venture away from my diet and the stool hardens just a little, I can tell the fissure is there, waiting to rear its ugly head. That's what keeps me on my strict diet. The key to having no pain is to keep the stool as soft as possible.
realpainintherear
Fibre Addict

Postby realpainintherear » 05 Dec 2016, 02:18

Has the stool softened any?
realpainintherear
Fibre Addict

Postby mamafizz » 05 Dec 2016, 11:17

yes mostly thats been better, that pain since it seemed to be higher up, but I have this tightness higher up all the time, like a knot, maybe the inner spincter, still can't sit down? its been months and months, does that eventually relax so Ican drive and sit like a normal person again.. I assume once the fissure is fully healed that will relax more and more but seems to be in such a habit it is in constant tight mode even with nitro, hope it's getting to it, although better still there.. Dr wants to do Botox... not sure to wait longer or give it a try? Any suggestions
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby realpainintherear » 30 Jan 2017, 02:11

So sorry to hear that. I can't give you advice on Botox or not. Mine didn't get so bad that I needed to consider it. Once my I got my stool to become constantly soft, I stopped having major issues. I know that if that hadn't worked, I would have tried Botox.
realpainintherear
Fibre Addict