Thankyou AF Support Forum

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Thankyou AF Support Forum

Postby PruneSucker » 14 Dec 2012, 23:18

Signed up just to say thanks.
Three weeks ago I saw blood on my stool Image . Leading up to this I was getting constipated almost every week, i think due to my 4x12hr shifts in an office. I was relying on laxatives, which were not the osmotic ones, but OTC.
Since that day every BM I had resulted in blood on TP or dripping. I got scared to visit the toilet. I 'fasted' for 3 days a week eating only a bowl of soup and a few items of fruit. The other days I'd eat 'normally', although I was eating less and lost weight. Despite this I was still getting constipated and stools were hard and caused bleeding. :(
I've been through many posts on this forum to find answers. I bought prunes and Miralax, started eating more high fibre foods, and drank more water. Since starting this new regime I've had three bloodless BMs and no pain Image . The AF seems to have healed over, but I'm going care and let it recover slowly.
I will try and stop the Miralax but I will keep the diet changes because obviously, with getting constipated on a regular basis, my diet didn't include the right foods in the past.
Thanks and speedy recovery to those still suffering. Image
PruneSucker

Topics: 1

Re: Thankyou AF Support Forum

Postby cherylk » 15 Dec 2012, 07:16

Thanks for your post. If I were you, I would only taper the Miralax very slowly or stay on it again for awhile to maintain your progress!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46