Think I have found my saviour

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Think I have found my saviour

Postby Neilus77 » 03 Jul 2018, 12:10

Hi all, I have finally found a group that can help me. I was diagnosed with a fissure in January and after months of GTN ointment I had a severe flare up and was rushed to hospital 26 June 18, day after I had Botox injections and a huge haemorrhoid banded. Now I’m hoping there are people who can help me with my worries, I am still in pain, my BP looks like a cauliflower with hard lumps and I’m constantly having to change my underwear, I feel something has gone wrong as surgeon said pain would be gone, I have slept for 5 hours in last 3 days as I’m so sore. I can’t find any positive information on google Apart from general advice. I just want the pain to go. Sorry for the long post but I am so worried this isn’t working and something has gone wrong especially as I know nothing about Botox and you see horror stories of what it does to people faces. Thanks in advance.
Neilus77
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Think I have found my saviour

Postby patience_and_healing » 03 Jul 2018, 22:27

Botox can sometimes cause temporary incontinence, but that will wear off with time. It also takes time to take full effect and help with pain reduction, so try to be patient. It's best to take a stool softener like miralax to make it easier to pass BMs and reduce strain on the area. Warm sitz baths are also helpful. Remember, if you feel something is really wrong, don't hesitate to contact your doctor.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby Neilus77 » 04 Jul 2018, 07:00

Thanks for your reply, I am just so glad I’m not the only person going through this out there, it’s felt so isolating as nobody around me can help as they don’t know how it feels and how painful it is. I went for a BM today and although taking fibre and Fybogel (laxative) it felt like passing a house brick although what I did was like plasticine so obviously soft but maybe not soft enough. I will be patient as you say and I guess it’s only been 6 days since the Botox and banding was done so I can’t expect to be completely repaired yet.
Neilus77
Fibre Addict

Postby patience_and_healing » 04 Jul 2018, 08:18

Make sure it's not too much insoluble fiber. That will bulk up the stool and make things more painful.
patience_and_healing

Postby Neilus77 » 04 Jul 2018, 08:21

What do you mean by that, I have been given Fybogel (laxative) and also bought Benefiber which you put in to drinks. I don’t want to get constipated, the surgeon just said increase your fibre but didn’t say there was different sorts. I just want things really really soft so at least I don’t have to stress about how it’s going to be painful passing a motion.
Neilus77
Fibre Addict

Postby patience_and_healing » 04 Jul 2018, 14:41

Fybogel looks to be pysllium husk. It's probably not quite enough to achieve the BM consistency that you need. I would suggest miralax along with what you're already taking. It takes some trial and error to find the right dose, plus it takes 3-4 days to start working.
patience_and_healing

Postby missy moo » 15 Jul 2018, 16:54

Neilus77 i had Botox 5 months ago it takes a few weeks to start feeling the Botox but once you do it will ease the pain because it lessons the tention down there where abouts are you? I'm in NZ an I take something called molaxole sachets it's the same as the miralax just with a different name ask your doctor for macrogol sachets that's the main ingredient.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Neilus77 » 15 Jul 2018, 17:21

Hi Missy Moo, I’m in the UK. Things have started to improve a lot, toilet trips are much easier and pain is very slight, more the feeling of having a peanut stuck after I have been which I guess is things healing. My problem is I’m a worrier and never having this problem before and the amount of pain I was in I’m terrified things are going to suddenly get worse or the Botox won’t work. I’m keeping up with my fibre which is doing the trick and trying to drink more. It’s been just over 2 weeks since the Botox and I’m guessing it’s still early days. Just wish we were able to have a look and see if things are healing like we can a cut on our finger.
Neilus77
Fibre Addict

Postby missy moo » 15 Jul 2018, 17:50

Yea just go by how you feel no need to look it doesn't matter what going on down there aslong as your feeling ok keep up the good work by week 6 you'll definitely feel better will I did anyway, keep updating for other ppl to see your Botox story we need to give others hope in Botox treatment : )
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Neilus77 » 15 Jul 2018, 18:34

I will do, there is very little out there for us fissure sufferers, social media have nothing for people to share their experience and their recovery. Thanks for highlighting the 6 week mark, the surgeon mentioned something about 6 weeks to heal but thought he was just estimating a maximum time. I have my fingers crossed it works like it should and I can get back to normal life as suffered the pain since January and I don’t want to go back to that.
Neilus77
Fibre Addict