Three weeks post-LIS - still in pain!!!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

3 weeks post LIS and still lot of pain

Postby Analfissureexp » 02 Mar 2016, 20:14

Hi,

I am a 29 year old female. Had a normal delivery 4 months ago and since then got this nasty anal fissure with a sentinel pile. Had been on a stool softener ever since but has not improved it at all. I underwent LIS 3 weeks ago and was in much pain for a week after that. Since then the pain from surgery has subsided but the pain from fissure has not reduced even a bit. I have shooting pain during the bowel movement and my sentinel pile swells after that and is burning and biting throughout the day. I also see blood during bowel movement. Yesterday when i went for a follow up checkup with my GS , he said the fissure is healed!! But when i objected that i haven't seen any difference in pain, he says it will come down eventually. I am still on stool softeners and stopped applying any ointment down there. I can feel my sentinel pile swell after bowel movement and it sometimes gets irritated by touching.
I dont know what to do as i have run out of options... please help.
Analfissureexp

Re: Three weeks post-LIS - still in pain!!!

Postby Canadabum » 08 Mar 2016, 17:37

Welcome to the forum...a huge congrats on your baby! Very exciting news.

I am so sorry to hear of your ordeal -- no fun for sure.

Aside from stool softeners are you doing anything else -- taking ibuprofen, using a bath/sitz bath, potty positioning, heating pad, drinking lots of water?

Suzyjlank posted something related to nerve pain -- you should check out her post. I am not suggesting that you have nerve damage but I have a feeling we are all more sensitive to pain down there after our AFs because it has likely done some damage (even if it is fully repaired) that takes time to fully heal....the area is riddled with nerves that like to fire off all the time...perhaps this is part of what you are experiencing?
Keep us posted on your progress.

best - canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19