Time of BM

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Time of BM

Postby juney » 26 Oct 2008, 20:46

ok i have a strange question. when do you all have your BM? i'm very obsessive about going first thing in the morning, as soon as i wake up. i drink a glass of water and usually it comes right out. but if i don't, it pretty much consumes my day worrying about when/if it will come. plus, with the baths and applying the gel afterward i pretty much have to make sure i go right when i wake up when i'm in the comfort of my home. do you all just go when you need to, or do you have a regular every-day schedule?
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Re: Time of BM

Postby Jen » 26 Oct 2008, 21:43

I go first thing in the am. Sometimes, I have to go immediately when I wake up. Sometimes, if I don't go right away, a cup of coffee will make the urge come. If I go 2 times in a day, the 2nd time is usually a couple hours after the first BM.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 26 Oct 2008, 21:48

Same here LOL. It is sooo funny - exactly same , except that first is always there, second comes after I eat at noon. Now, sometimes I go third time around 11 pm , but it is happening less and less often now.
Juney - no question is strange ; ) !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Corsi » 27 Oct 2008, 03:38

When we have butt issues, other people's BM habits are interesting. Good question Juney :D
Before fissure (last 13 years) I "always" went after breakfast and coffee, 1 time or up to 3 times. When I was relaxed once, and stressed more than once.
Now I normally go at the same time after breakfast, but sometimes I have to go when I wake up...I don't like that because then I very often have to go more than once.
BM issues has always been a big thing in my life, and when I was younger I has constipation issues...I now know that all of these problems were due to undiagnosed celiac disease. Constpation issues ended during my last pregnancy when I discovered coffee Image , BM isssues are still there though Image
I would love to just crap and go....what a life that would be...
Bloody Mary
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby cherylk » 27 Oct 2008, 06:34

Juney,
I agree with Fiss. No quesion is strange. We all have things we wonder about and either our docs don't care or they sometimes think our wonderings are silly, etc.
At any rate, pre constipation days I used to go anytime of the day. When I worked I usually didn't have time to try to relax and go, so I would hopefully go at night or sometimes during the day during my work. Then after I retired, I started going in the morning (first thing). Walking would help things along in the summer and I usually did that first and then (hopefully) had a bm.
Now since on Miralax I usually go first thing. I always try to go after I wake up because I read you can train your body to expect to go at a certain time. I usually go again around noon or early aft. But, today, for example, I have already had 2 bm's and it is only 7:00 a.m. (one at five and one at seven) Hopefully, I am through for the day. Hope this wasn't too much info.
If you stress about it, I would try training yourself to try to go at the same time. If I think I am going to have a problem, I drink a glass of water with 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice. My chiro told me about that and I also read it elsewhere after he told me.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jo » 27 Oct 2008, 08:35

Unfortunately, I don't go at any regular time. Can be any time, morning, noon or night or not at all. I start worrying if a day slips by, sometimes two can go by. I am still taking miralax, but sometimes I skip a dose because of 2-3 bms in one day. I have tried coffee in the morning, but that didn't really work either.
It is very frustrating.
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 27 Oct 2008, 08:42

It’s a good question Juney !!
I go toilet time in the morning as soon as have that first ciggie and cup of tea then again an hour or so later after breakfast, I was told the body can re train itself into rountine and that the best time to go is in the morning, this was the advice I was given ref my IBS Image
I have had this routine for years and have never missed a days pooping – Seriously!! ! No wonder I have a sore arse !! Image
My husband and daughter go at free will at any time, anywhere but they both prefer to go in their own surroundings :flush:

Postby juney » 27 Oct 2008, 17:01

interesting guys! thanks for all your responses. i hope one day we can all just "poop and go" wherever we are no matter what time of day! LOL
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 27 Oct 2008, 20:05

Cheers to that Juney :D !!!! With Metamucil, of course LOL
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 27 Oct 2008, 20:20

I know exactly how you feel. If I don't wake up with the urge I feel a little worried, but I have found that kneeling prostrate seriously helps to get things going.