LIS on Wednesday morning (edit)

Fissure story and update on upcoming surgery!!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS on Wednesday morning (edit)

Postby Luka » 17 Aug 2016, 11:55

So glad things are going so well for you! : ) I hope they continue to get better and better and you're completely healed soon and back to normal. So glad your BMs are softer, too. That's great!

I'm getting more and more panicked as my surgery date approaches. : ( I just hope I pull through all this. Waiting is the hardest part. Going back and reading LIS/fissurectomy success stories on this site is helping, though.

I hope you continue to get better and check in once in a while. : ) Get well soon!
January 2013 - Diagnosed with fissure. Eventually turned chronic.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Tried Diltiazem, but eventually developed a rash.
LIS surgery scheduled August 26th.
Luka
VIP

Topics: 38

Postby letsgetthisover » 22 Aug 2016, 09:49

Luka wrote:So glad things are going so well for you! : ) I hope they continue to get better and better and you're completely healed soon and back to normal. So glad your BMs are softer, too. That's great!

I'm getting more and more panicked as my surgery date approaches. : ( I just hope I pull through all this. Waiting is the hardest part. Going back and reading LIS/fissurectomy success stories on this site is helping, though.

I hope you continue to get better and check in once in a while. : ) Get well soon!

Waiting IS the hard part! You can do this. I'm rooting for you an thinking about you as your date nears! How are you?

My BMs are now consistently soft with lack of fear causing me I be way less stressed and my return to coffee. I can eat pretty much whatever I want (although I try to eat lots of fiber for snacks instead of snack food as a change of lifestyle) and I am only on one colace a day, occasionally a dose of miralax if I feel that I need it.

No pain whatsoever from BMs and no after pain! Wednesday will mark two weeks post op and I also have my checkup then. I am only taking one 15 minute soak post BM per day as opposed to the 6 and a half hours I was soaking pre surgery just to manage pain.

I never expected to feel this good just two weeks post op! Luka, you will get better! These ops will change your life. Praying for you!
letsgetthisover
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Luka » 22 Aug 2016, 09:59

Great to hear you're doing well, letsgetthisover! : ) I have been thinking about you and how you've been doing. I am happy things are getting so much better for you.

I am okay. Having more pain today. Getting my period, which makes everything worse, including pain and stress. : ( It's just bad timing. But the pain just reminds me how much I need the surgery and that this will never go away on its own. I had a string of good days last week with little pain, which tends to happen sometimes, but then the fissure started acting up again this weekend. So, yeah... things have been rough. : ( The horrid thing is always there and I just want to get on the road to healing it.

Thank you so much for the prayers. : ) I will pray for your continued healing, too. I will keep you and everyone updated. I started a diary just to chronicle my thoughts in the diary section, too. It helps.
January 2013 - Diagnosed with fissure. Eventually turned chronic.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Tried Diltiazem, but eventually developed a rash.
LIS surgery scheduled August 26th.
Luka
VIP

Topics: 38