fistula??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: fistula??

Postby juney » 15 Apr 2008, 20:36

i know no one here wants anyone else to have extra problems. i think i tend to take helpful warnings the wrong way. i was actually pretty relived that the CRS said it wasn't a fistula or abcess, but it seemed like all everyone wanted to do was keep telling me it probably is one of those things. that's discouraging, although intended to be helpful.
the CRS did an exam and she poked at the hole w/ the matchstick thing she used to cauterize the wound. she said it didn't sink in at all, which is a good indication it's not a *fistula. i should've mentioned that! i'll bring up the antibiotics thing again when i see her in 3 weeks, just in case.
so far i can't tell how the silver nitrate is working. i stayed home from work again today and just laid around, tried to walk as much as possible. there's small amount of discharge coming from the wound, and the area is swollen - which are both normal symptoms from yesterday's procedure. i called the nurse today just to be sure and he said pain and swelling can be expected for a few days. so i can't measure any progress yet. i've been taking ibuprofen every 6-8 hours. i'll be back at work tomorrow, so hopefully that will go okay. i'll keep everyone posted!
Last edited by juney on 16 Apr 2008, 10:04, edited 1 time in total.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby happyass » 15 Apr 2008, 21:20

hi juney,
i am glad it wasn't a fistula! phew......
i don't remember reading that you had your skin tag removed and that this was in the same exact area....that perhaps may have given some more thought in pointing you in another direction.
my CRS recommends not removing them at all - skin tags that is.
anyway, hang in there with the silver nitrate and just keep tabs on the progress of that drainage and mucus.
did she mention that perhaps using hydrogen peroxide in the meantime to help keep the area disinfected? or perhaps applying some antibacterial ointment?
i am still waiting to hear back from my biopsy on my hand.....yikes!!!!! i hope it isn't a fistula....hehehehehehehe.....well, i know it isn't that....so let's just hope it's not lymphoma.......
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby erik » 15 Apr 2008, 22:39

my ass just hurts. too darn much.
and i like the suggestions that you'll have.
no one but those who suffer from these things understands.
you all do. that's why you are all great people.
erik
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Postby val » 16 Apr 2008, 01:50

Erik, I thought yours was a success story which healed, what on earth happened???

Juney, I hope the silver nitrate works. I wasn't trying to freak you out with my experiences either, but like Fiss, and probably loads of other people, I have had BIG problems with hospitals and doctors with wrong diagnosis and malpractice. I have even sued a hospital for what they did to me.And it took me years to get my son diagnosed with an autistic spectrum disorder- years of so called "experts" telling me they knew better than I did about my own child. We're just saying to go with your gut instinct rather than take everything they say as true. Just because they told you what you wanted to hear, may not be for the best.
But I truly hope that its not a fistula or abcess, but if it is, then we're all here for you to help you through it.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby erik » 16 Apr 2008, 07:01

it was for about 3 months, then a rather large movement and think i retore a bit. not as bad as it used to get but never 100% back to normal.
erik
erik
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Postby Guest » 16 Apr 2008, 08:48

Sorry to hear that. Doesn't that just bite?
But at least you are starting from a better place.

I am back to lubing my butt before I go. First KY and then A&D ointment. Maybe that would help?

Postby happyass » 16 Apr 2008, 18:37

lecia, have you used palmer's cocoa butter with vitamin e.
i use to use that prior and post after a good cleaning and blow dry.
also did you try the tinactin cream by any chance? that helps with the itch and burning feeling if you ever get it.
happyass
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 17 Apr 2008, 08:42

No, haven't done that. But would be willing to give it a shot!

Thanks, G-man.

Postby juney » 17 Apr 2008, 09:18

3 day update - still swollen down there, almost looks like i'd imagine hemmorhoids would. some swollen patches of skin where the removed skin tag had healed over. not pretty. i'm hoping i won't be left w/ a dreaded skin tag(s) again. it's still tender and painful but i'm taking care of that w/ 800 ibuprofen 3x day. still a bit of discharge, sometimes pink tinted w/ a bit of blood. the pain from the exam/nitrate is getting better not worse each day so that's encouraging. being back at work isn't so bad, just feels like it did in the 1st year of the fissure, so i'm used to it and i can manage. at least this time i know it's not from a fissure!!

not too worried or pessimistic yet, just tired of being in pain after doing so well for awhile. hopefully the end will justify the means! keep you all posted
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby happyass » 17 Apr 2008, 19:06

hugs juney................
happyass
King Fissure