fistula??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: fistula??

Postby juney » 17 Apr 2008, 23:33

thanks! Image
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Apr 2008, 00:37

I hope it will subside very soon - you really suffered enough !!! : (
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Sorerumpie » 18 Apr 2008, 19:21

Juney, Sounds like you're going through hell. I had the experience myself with an abscess drained without anesthetic in emergency room, then months of fistula drainage , then surgery.
Your situation sounds a little different than mine , but continued yellowish drainage is typical of fistula and typically won't heal.
But, having said that - If I were you I would get another opinion from a very qualified CRS . Second opinions really are the smart way to go with unusual things like this.
I wish you good luck and success with this soon.
John
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby juney » 21 Apr 2008, 17:17

it's been a week now. still sore, but it's decreased since last monday for sure. when i wake up in the morning i can't even feel it, but after i go it becomes a bit swollen and that same old pain for the rest of the day. not a spasm pain, which i now know is b/c the fissure is pretty much healed. i can still see the little crack or "hole" that the dr saw and that i've always seen. plus, it looks like i have another skin tag forming, a mound of flesh that swells after BM and then goes down as the day goes on.
i'm not sure if the nitrate is making a difference, but she did say it would probably take a few applications. not as much discharge now, just a little here and there. i'm taking ibuprofen every day and basically feel like i'm at the same point i was at after my 1st surgery last year. still keeping up w/ the MOM and just hoping things go back to the way they were last month when i'd almost forgotten about this damn thing.
juney
King Fissure

Postby juney » 01 May 2008, 10:44

i'm sooo dreading the next silver nitrate application, which will be on Monday. but i want to give it another chance. i think if silver nitrate's gonna work to heal this wound, it'll take more than one time. i'm armed w/ questions and stuff to ask the dr on monday.
the pain seems to be decreasing slowly... but that only means i'm getting back to where i was before the last exam, so it's not really encouraging. how could a tiny little wound just not heal?! i'm gonna ask her again to verify that it's not a fistula. and maybe see what she thinks about antibiotics as a precaution...and maybe to encourage healing... now i'm keeping it super clean and dry, using a hair dryer after showers.
juney
King Fissure

Postby buttgirl » 01 May 2008, 11:26

Good luck on Monday Juney! It's definitely a good idea to ask her tons of questions and make sure that this isn't the beginning of a fistula. Hopefully, this next cauterization will do the trick!
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby val » 01 May 2008, 11:30

Yeah, good luck Juney! Hope it cures it all for you!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 01 May 2008, 11:33

Hope it goes well. These things just seem to drag out, don't they?

Postby Guest » 01 May 2008, 11:38

Good luck for Monday Juney
x

Postby dano » 05 May 2008, 20:05

whats the latest on juney? sorry im a "little late" i want to see what the scoop is before i put my 2 cents in.fistula or not...you'd think theyd want to at least incise the "wound" and allow it to heal from the inside out, and silver nitrate! OMG i know first hand how that burns..i used it once to "attempt" to remove a small skin tag thing on my neck,it was the smallest thing,you couldnt even see it where it was,i was afraid it would get bigger so my neighbor[whos dad is a vet and had the silver nitrate] and i did home surgery..OH it removed it alright! would have had less pain if i shot it off with a shotgun...cant imaging using that on the butt!...get better soon juney!!
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13