Hello fellow suffers...new to the forum

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Hello fellow suffers...new to the forum

Postby Guest » 04 Jun 2008, 17:15

Hello all. Scheduled my appointment for a second opinion with a CRS recommended by a friend. I go this Friday. I was feeling pretty good (meaning the pain wasn't distracting me) the last four days and thinking I could deal with it and not have the surgery. Unfortunately, today, pow back again after BM. Im soooo sick of this and want my life back but im really worried about the surgery. I was prepared to deal with the LIS but not the hemmectomy and fissurectomy. Im really on the fence and don't know what to do or who to trust. One part of me says give it time and one part says get it done so you can stop suffering. Sorry for the venting but as the sufferers know there are not alot of people who are around to talk to who can relate.

Postby Guest » 04 Jun 2008, 17:36

If your hemorrhoids are not part of the suffering equation then I would leave them alone or ask the doctor why he believes this will help your pain.

Good that you are getting a second opinion. Good luck on Friday!

Postby Fissulyna » 04 Jun 2008, 18:55

yes, second opinion is a must always. I never had hemmie problems but from what I read here, it is better to do less cutting if possible. On the other hand - if your hemorrhoids are making so much extra pressure inside maybe you should deal with them too. I don;t know if you ever tried other less invasive treatments for them ?
Feeling good and than going back to misery is pretty much a typical scenario when one has a fissure : (((. Just no way around it ! I would suggest to "deal with it now" since even though I have some issues now after the LIS , the situation before and after can't even be compared in pain level, duration of pain or disruption of life. I would do it again in a split of a second - actually i will do it again if I continue to have those little glitches.
Best of luck tomorrow !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 04 Jun 2008, 20:00

Thanks Fiss. Having read what I have I feel like I need to get it done. Im scheduled but I go back and forth. Tonight the pain reminded me that I need to take care of it. For me the challenge now is to get prepared mentally to have the surgery and do the recouperation. Monday I thought the Dr. was going to tell me I was on my way; little did I know it was to the operating room. There is alot to process and as the suffers know it is consuming. Time for the sitz. Goodnight!

Postby val » 05 Jun 2008, 01:45

good luck for your appointment friday, like Fissy says, second opinions are really important, especially if you have any doubts at all about what you've been told.

If it was me in your situation, I would have the LIS and see if that cleared all the problems up, seeing as it helps with hemmies.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 5 » 05 Jun 2008, 06:07

Good luck on whatever you decide!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 06 Jun 2008, 03:33

Goodluck for the appointment today Badass !

Postby Guest » 09 Jun 2008, 23:40

Hello everyone. Went for the second opinion, full history, exam, etc. Nice Doctor, better bedside manner than the first CRS but same opinion. In fact, he knows First CRS (he teaches at the Med school in town). In his opinion the fissuer is not going to heal on its own given its depth and chronic nature and current status to date even considering other treatments (botox, nitro,etc) available. Spoke to him for a while and find myself in the same place. So, tomorrow, blood tests, my Dr. for pre surgery clearance, etc. surgery one week from today. Im nervous, and not looking forward to the pain, yet part of me is relieved that I will hopefully and finally be on may way to healing and getting back to normal. Im tired and scrambling to get work covered and prepare myself. So now the count down to surgery :(

Postby Guest » 10 Jun 2008, 06:56

Glad you got a competent, caring doctor this time. I think sometimes just going straight to the surgery is the best approach given the severity of the fissure. It seems like that most people who have had this have been very satisfied with the results and many say the pain from recovery is much better than the fissure itself.

Will it be just the LIS or will he do anything else like hemorrhoidectomy?

In a way, it is good to just get this over with then sit on one cheek agonizing over the decision.

Hang in there.
Lecia

Postby happyass » 10 Jun 2008, 10:11

here's a big big hug badass.....
hopefully you will be able to make peace with the decision and that you won't be full of anxiety....i know harder to do than say.
we'll keep you all in our prayers.
just a little peace of mind, although you will have the surgery, you will more than likely heal between eight to twelve weeks and you may take a full year to fully recover if all goes well. as you know from looking around the board, there are a couple of people who had to have LIS more than once.
[/img]
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74