Hello fellow suffers...new to the forum

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Hello fellow suffers...new to the forum

Postby buttgirl » 10 Jun 2008, 10:33

Good luck BA.
If it's just LIS, you will wake up in less pain than you have been in. The incision was quite sore for 2 days, but by the end of the second day, I had stopped taking vicoden and moved to ibuprofen. you'll also notice an immediate difference with your poo.
I found it very beneficial to do some bowel prep--only mushy foods 2 days before surgery (i made some chicken soup and also some beans), don't eat after noon the day before surgery (you can drink broth and miso soup), take your usual meds (MOM or whatever) the night before surgery, and be sure you have pooped completely before being put under.
That way there is nothing to get constipated.
After surgery, just have mush again for the first day (again the chicken soup and beans) and after that you should be fine.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 10 Jun 2008, 22:43

Hello all. Thanks for the great advice. Got poked, proded, stuck, xrayed and wired up today. Presurgery clearance and testing. So far its a go in 6 days. LIS, fissurectomy, hemmiectomy. Crazy as it sounds Im going to follow my CRS advice and put it in his hands. Id be lying if I said I wasn't scared. Im finding some solace in thinking about all the people who have recovered from much more complicated and difficult operations to lead normal lives. If anyone has any input on post surgery food menu, etc im working on that now and would appreciate any suggestions. D

Postby cherylk » 10 Jun 2008, 22:46

BA,
Be sure to keep us posted on everthing. We will need to send you healing vibs/energy. Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 11 Jun 2008, 03:50

Hi Badass,
I am glad things are moving swiftly for you and that your 2 doctors are in agreement!
Is the operation is on Monday ?
You CAN do this…..
We will be thinking of you
x

Postby buttgirl » 11 Jun 2008, 10:02

more menu items would include:
-applesauce
-veggie soup
-pea soup
-berries
-refried beans on tortillas
-potatoes (i have a tasty dish that is potatoes and carrots boiled in super salty water. I have this with a small sausage. I ate this day 3 post LIS)
-mashed potatoes
-sweet potatoes
-pesto pasta (without the whole nuts)
-steamed veggies
-pears
-nectarines
-peaches
-oatmeal (after day 3)
I also ate a lot of miso soup and natto.
Basically, anything soft, mushy and bland.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Deleted User 5 » 11 Jun 2008, 10:09

Good luck in 6 days, BA! The end of your fissure hell may well be nigh!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 11 Jun 2008, 11:53

Best of luck BA !!!! You will be surprised how much better you will feel same moment you open your eyes after the surgery ! It is normal to be scared but you will do just fine : ) the moment they admit you - you will feel strange peace overcoming you !
After surgery you will have to continue with sitz baths and nice fissure friendly diet. Don't overdo pain meds - they can constipate you if you are prone to that. I needed one Perkcet and that was all. I was advised to have normal food after day or two and to take Metamucil 2-3 times a day. First day after surgery I ate just chicken
soup and some jello. Second day I had some oatmeal , soups and some fruits. After that I had pretty normal kind of food but was diligent about metamucil and water intake.
Hope that your recovery will be fast and complete !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 15 Jun 2008, 18:03

Hello All. Surgery is scheduled for Tuesday. Ive been trying not to think about it but not doing a very good job at. My worry has given way to acceptance and the hope that it will finally be the beginning of the healing. Still can't keep out the fears of complications but know I cannot live like this. For all who have had surgery (hemmectomy/LIS) any advice for post surgery food. Also, I live alone; will I be able to manage or should I arrange for someone to stay with me the first night, two? My friends and family have offered but I would rather not. Thanks! D.

Postby cherylk » 15 Jun 2008, 18:40

BA,
Be sure to give us your surgery time so we can send you healing prayers/vibs. A friend of mine just had the "gamma" knife which I think may be targeted radiation, for a benign brain tumor, and she told me the prayer support really helped her. I am reading a book, Transforming Anxiety, which I highly recommend.

C
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 15 Jun 2008, 21:42

2:00pm on Tuesday. I will be thankful for any and all prayers and well wishes. I just want to get it done and start the healing process so I can start living again. I will pick up the book as Im planning on some down time for the next few (hopefully not more) weeks.