Booked Surgery for 9 July - questions!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Booked Surgery for 9 July - questions!

Postby cherylk » 12 Jul 2008, 21:56

I hope you gals get your problems all straightened out soon!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jen » 12 Jul 2008, 23:19

Tabby -
How much more grams of fiber were you expiriencing with? I was thinking of changing to something else. Right now I take chewable fiber pills, but I am getting tired of them. However, now I am thinking I should just stay on them. I hope today is better for you.
Lecia -
You are so good on the computer. You avatar is awsome! I love it! :)
Cheryl -
Thanks! In school, the bowel chapters really interest me. We just did 2 chapters on elimination and can you believe anal fissures were not even discussed in the book? I swear - this is why some docotrs and nurses have a hard time diagnosing them! AHHHH!
Fiss & Val -
My prayers are with you all! Get well soon!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 13 Jul 2008, 05:16

Hi all!
Firstly, I am sorry to hear of some of your set backs. I too understand the frustration of setbacks. And in many ways that was a major factor in deciding to have the surgery. On the other hand it lightens my heart to see how many special people care for each other - there is truly some good left in the world.
As for me, well I would have to be chalked up as a super success story. I had the surgery on Wednesday at 4pm - On Saturday morning, I was moving house and putting together flat-packed Ikea furniture. I had planned on my poor wife having to do it all - and on Saturday morning was SO CLOSE to letting her go by herself. But I got up and thought I could at least lay on the bed and keep her company. So I went and I have to say, it was the best choice. I think moving around REALLY helped. It was a long day, around 12 hours of physical work. I have to say that there was some discomfort and in no way am I healed (still some minor blood & discharge, and the sill in small amount of healing pain. Still swollen etc. I think that I am just so use to being in pain in that area that I put it to the back of my mind? Either way, I was expecting a MUCH more severe and much longer healing period. Particularly with the skin tag removal. I just feel very lucky. Now I am focused on water and movicol - I drink about 3 liters a day, and take one movicol sachet - keeps things soft, and therefore, no major strain on the fragile fissure.
Anyway - I will keep you updated and in touch!
Kind thoughts to you all...
Keyzer

Postby cherylk » 13 Jul 2008, 07:12

Keyzer,
Thanks for sharing your story and congrats on your success. :D I use Miralax/Movicol, so if you have any questions about it, just ask me (have been using it for about a year).
Jen,
I am about to start my 4th month of the cream and am contemplating the anorectal mammometry test, but don't want to screw up anything by irritating the area. Does your CRS just continue to give you as much as you want of the nitro ointment (refills)? I think I have enough Diliatzem ointment for about another month as I use it very sparingly and try to not waste a drop.
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 13 Jul 2008, 09:29

That is great news, Keyzer. It is inspiring to us and to the others out there who read but don't post to see that you had such a phenomenal experience and feel like you are joining the land of the living again. Best wishes to you and your wife and please be careful. I don't want you to have any setbacks. So moderation, young man!

About the diltiazem I have had no problem getting doctors to prescribe this even though I didn't have an active fissure. In fact I just got some from the CRS to see if it might help prevent hemorrhoids-he doesn't know and i don't know but he feels it is safe enough to use longer term since I am so miserable anyway. Or maybe he just doesn't know what else to do with me. He is the 4th CRS that has written me a script so it shouldn't be hard to get more if you would feel more comfortable having it and can wean off slowly.

Postby cherylk » 13 Jul 2008, 09:34

Lecia,
Hopefully, I can get some more diltiazem. Are you enjoying yourself in Colorado and enjoying the scenery? I like your picture.
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 13 Jul 2008, 09:40

Hi Cheryl,
I hope you can too. I really have had no problem getting refills. I think even though I was using it as a security blanket for awhile the CRS seemed to understand.

Yes, I am enjoying myself. It is such nice weather. I've been taking a book outside and just enjoying it and visiting with family. I keep eating things I shouldn't and paying for it but all my favorite restaurants are out here. It is a good thing I go back home tomorrow!

Postby Guest » 13 Jul 2008, 12:30

Dear K
You update made me smile ….WAY TO GO BUD !!!! Image
I love IKEA !
Do take care now Image
x
Fissy
I am glad to see you about, hoping things are better today wee chick :truebud: xxxxx
Feeling a bit better this end, just trying to chill my boots for tomorrows fun and games !
Dear Jen
Please don’t change anything….it is sooo tempting I know , but what you are doing now seems to be working
I was playing with psyllium and flaxseed I think I gave myself overdose fibre Image
psyllium worked really well for me when i first got IBS but for some reason now it just doesn’t agree !
Stay on the safe side Jen !!
Last edited by Guest on 13 Jul 2008, 12:50, edited 1 time in total.

Postby cherylk » 13 Jul 2008, 12:48

Lecia,
It is probably good for you mentally to know that you flew on a plane to another state and everything did not fall apart!! Hopefully, you will soon get some useful answers to your probs. Image
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 13 Jul 2008, 12:52

Thanks, Cheryl. Pray that I make it back with anus intacta too! It does make me feel less "disabled" so it was good that I came. Plus I hadn't realized how much I missed everyone.

Tab-glad you are a bit better today. I can't wait to hear what the doctor says. I have to ship out my computer tomorrow morning and probably won't be back online until Wednesday. I hope I can check in before that. I hate being out of touch!

:fairyelf: