Kelloggs All Bran

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Kelloggs All Bran

Postby Guest » 21 Jul 2008, 14:54

Haha well I'm looking forward to trying the Pink Lemonade version, as I am taking no Fybogel out to the USA with me in a few weeks time as Customs will think I am trying to bootleg the stuff. I'd have literally 120 or so sachets of the stuff in my suitcase.
I am a transcontinental slayer of fissures!!

Postby Guest » 21 Jul 2008, 15:02

That was a beautiful write up Brendon Image
I love a good sense of humour Image

Postby Fissulyna » 21 Jul 2008, 16:27

ha ha ha , oh my, Brendan you can definitely make some profit by smuggling Metamucil to UK !!! Hey, and all those extra flavors - me ladies and gents will dish out some dough like crazy LOL !
Giggles to the side, be careful when you come here since there are 2 kinds of Metamucil - regular and sugar free !!!!! VERY important , since sugar free you have to take by TEAspoons, and regular by TABLEspoons to get same dose of fiber ! Learned it "hard" way (literary LOL) because I did not read small print - but really - who would guess that there could be difference in the same product - what the heck sugar has to do with amount of fiber Image !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 21 Jul 2008, 16:39

Hey that's interesting that the sugar-free version and the sugared version are different in fiber content. I thought only the amount of sugar would change.
The hard way :( ..i feel for you!
Fybogel in the UK is always sugar free so I've not had the same learning curve.
All this talk...its time for my evening dose. You know, I'm really starting to like this stuff. Not even in a feigned way; I really like it!

Postby Fissulyna » 21 Jul 2008, 16:44

I do too !!! I like my orange Metamucil ! People make faces when they try it or call it "scratchy" (???) , like they can feel it tickling their throat , or so they say - I really find it refreshing - call me weird LOL.
Hey, isn't it LOOOONG past midnight in UK ; ) ???
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jo » 22 Jul 2008, 03:40

Brendan,
I love the pink lemonade version! I was trying to stay away from sugar free, but the pink lemonade tastes better to me and I have a big bottle of it, so down it goes!
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 13 Aug 2008, 07:34

I've not made a post in a while, I've been working my socks off finishing up my studies.
Anyways, saw my GP yesterday who had a peek at the trouble-zone...He said it was looking significantly better and that it was very close to being healed.
I'm still on a hideous dosage of Psyllium...8 doses per day, but you can't argue with the results..
I'm hoping for continued progress!!!
I hope everyone else here is doing just great too!!
-Brendan

Postby Guest » 13 Aug 2008, 07:43

That is fabulous news to hear that you are close to being there. Just keep doing what you are doing. Good luck with your studies and continued healing!

Postby Guest » 13 Aug 2008, 08:03

That is great news Brendan !
Wishing you the very best with your studies and your healing
x

Postby cherylk » 13 Aug 2008, 08:50

Wow, that is really a lot of psyllium, Brendon. How many times a day does that dosage cause you to go to the bathroom???
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46