No LIS, more Botox...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: No LIS, more Botox...

Postby Deleted User 5 » 11 Jan 2009, 18:56

Corsi, I wonder why your CRS is so reluctant about LIS? Ha this person performed many?
You have chronic AF, who could be a better candidate, especially after botox has not healed it?
Deleted User 5

Postby Corsi » 12 Jan 2009, 03:27

Tabby, Tootie, Cheryl & Kim Image
Thanks Cheryl :) I love your "Hang in there cat"
I am not due Tabby, in fact I survived my period and it was only the mad cramps that bothered me. My period ended Thursday/Friday and this madness started Saturday.
I don't know what started this Lecia, but I started working last week, and I know that my stress levels were high because of that and some other things and then my beautiful celiac digestion went a bit crazy.
Kim wrote:Corsi, I wonder why your CRS is so reluctant about LIS? Ha this person performed many?
You have chronic AF, who could be a better candidate, especially after botox has not healed it?

Good questions Kim, and I have already written down a few questions I will ask him:
- How many of his patients have become incontinent?
- How many LIS has he done?
- What does he recommend now after this setback? More botox? I have to tell him that I cannot continue this botox thing, it's a poison and I NEED to heal!
I will tell him that I really do think I am too tight, and that retearing will keep happening if I don't get a LIS. After all I have bled for 9 years on and off during BM - isn't that an indicator of something?
The reason he doesn't want to do LIS is because he fears incontinence, and of course he is the doctor and knows best, but this has been going on for over a year...and my fissure chronic!
Have some of you heard of other women in the same situation as me who has become incontinent? (40 something and given birth twice or more, because that's the reason he fears incontinence on my part).
I'm so down because of this, it's the third day with pain and blood...it must have reopened.
:flush: Bloody Mary
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby cherylk » 12 Jan 2009, 05:58

Corsi,
I'll keep praying for your situation. Image The good thing is that you don't have to wait long for an appointment. Be sure to let us know what he says.
Image Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 12 Jan 2009, 08:38

Good girl Corsi write it all down !!
What is the pain level during this setback ??

Postby Guest » 12 Jan 2009, 09:36

I know I have suggested this before but why not get a second opinion? If he is so reluctant I wonder why since it would be the next logical step and you have done things his way this whole time. Could you see Lars' doctor maybe?
I would ask the doctor for whom he advises the surgery and why not you? I think if he is conservative with the cut then your chances of incontinence should be very very VERY low. I know I would do it. But I understand your concerns.
I can imagine the stress of going back to work would make this open up again. You have to get up and worry about pooping and getting ready and wondering if you are going to be alright for the day. How are you managing all of this? It must be so hard. Or does it help to get your mind of off it some?
I really hope this doctor will work with you on finding a solution. Hang in there!

Postby Corsi » 12 Jan 2009, 10:32

Thanks girls Image
The pain level? Worse than I have had for a long time.
Tootie wrote:I know I have suggested this before but why not get a second opinion? If he is so reluctant I wonder why since it would be the next logical step and you have done things his way this whole time. Could you see Lars' doctor maybe?
I would ask the doctor for whom he advises the surgery and why not you? I think if he is conservative with the cut then your chances of incontinence should be very very VERY low. I know I would do it. But I understand your concerns.
I can imagine the stress of going back to work would make this open up again. You have to get up and worry about pooping and getting ready and wondering if you are going to be alright for the day. How are you managing all of this? It must be so hard. Or does it help to get your mind of off it some?
I really hope this doctor will work with you on finding a solution. Hang in there!

About the second opinion thing, it doesn't work that way with the NHC system I think, we don't have to pay anything, but that means we cannot choose another doctor either. He is supposed to be one of the good ones, he works at the University Hospital in Oslo. Lars' CRS is far away on the west coast of Norway... Another thing is that I would offend him if I asked for someone else.
It is a very good question Lecia, and I will ask him who he would/would not do surgery on...
About the cutting, he says they always cut as much as the fissures length...
I like going to work, but my colon has a life of it's own....so fed up of this!
Any other questions I should ask my CRS than the one I wrote in my last post?? I'm desperate, what should I do??? Botox? LIS? Dig a big hole in the ground and jump into it?
Bloody Mary
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 12 Jan 2009, 10:38

That's a bummer you can't get a second opinion. You have done things his way and that should count for something. Who is LIS reserved for? In my reasoning, it would be for people for whom everything else has been tried already and that would be you. I would ask or wonder if he is not comfortable doing the procedure in general? Maybe he doesnt' have confidence in himself? Ask him if he would be more comfortable referring you to someone else for the surgery since he seems uncomfortable. That way it will seem like you are looking out for his best interests and not trying to offend him by requesting a second opinion.
How do you manage the pain while you are working?

Postby Guest » 12 Jan 2009, 12:34

Great brainstorming Lecia Image
Corsi - You will be a lady on a mission - its time to kick some ass Image

Postby Corsi » 13 Jan 2009, 02:39

Thanks Lecia & Tabby Image
I'm leaving soon, I'm so down. More blood today and that beautiful ripping feeling during 3 BM so far.
I had to get up in the middle of the night because my anal canal hurt so much, has happend 3 times last week.
I have written down your questions Lecia, and I will ask. Just feel like crying...
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby val » 13 Jan 2009, 03:34

Image you poor thing Corsi! I hope you can get this sorted out quickly - what a nightmare! I think I would be very wary of a surgeon who thinks there is a risk of incontinence. My surgeon said he'd never ever had anyone be incontinent. And I'm 40-something and given birth twice! If a surgeon has no confidence in his own abilities, why should you have confidence in him???
If it was me, I would say to hell with offending him, and just get another opinion anyway - this is your butt, and your life. Could you go privately for another opinion? They are usually so much better when you pay them!!!
Good luck Corsi Image Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86