No LIS, more Botox...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: No LIS, more Botox...

Postby cherylk » 05 Dec 2008, 08:11

I think we all have various opinions on different things. For example, after reading a book on how supplements are not regulated nor tested, I have stopped taking them (except Vit D and calcium). But others are strongly positive about them. My GI doc strongly suggested I not have LIS, so obviously it does not work for all even though most persons here are strongly in favor of it and it has been highly successful for many. I think the docs see the bigger picture at times and have seen more cases.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby happyass » 05 Dec 2008, 08:14

larskenn, i hope you didn't think i am singling you out or anyone else, it just occurred to me after reading a number of posts how friendly we are and just how comfortable we are with one another, that sometimes we just overlook that saying something in a particular way may have a different effect than what we intended.
anyway, i guess i have to read this entire post to see what the LIS incontinence debate was to see what happened......
i hope you are feeling much better today and having great progess in your healing larskenn.....
(also this post was talking about the movie 'lars and the girl' so that is why i mentioned my lars in my post - referring to that and not you, larskenn :hi:)
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 05 Dec 2008, 08:54

Hugs to you Happy Image
Lars - Hugs to you too ! :sprinkleheart:
That’s spot on Cheryl…
One thing I love about this board is the caring and honest attitude of some here - these are the people that make this place what it is and why others come here for advice !
For us “regulars” it is hard to see because the more we get to know each other the more we just want the very best for our friends Image
We have to remember all our situations are different but we all relate to the pain and everything else that goes hand in hand Image
Love and peace to all !
xx
Last edited by Guest on 05 Dec 2008, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Corsi » 05 Dec 2008, 09:23

Thanks for watching out for me, but:
Firstly, I was never offended or anything, I was using irony when I told them that they was strict...
Secondly, I understood that they only wanted the best for me, a few others have also suggested that I should get a second opinion about this.
I have communicated with Lars on mail since May, and I still communicate with him about our mutual friend the fissure, and honestly I didn't react at all on any post so I didn't understand what this was about when I read this. Have told Lars this in a PM :D
I agree that we should be careful about what we say, and especially when we only communicate in writing as it is potentially very easy to misunderstand things, and/or the reader may read too much into thing and/or take things personal - as we all do sometimes, we are only humans.
but thanks Happy :)
Image Snowflake Image
Image This is us internet buddies, I'm so happy I met you - you make fissure life bearable :bathtub:
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby happyass » 05 Dec 2008, 09:32

hi corsi,
this was a general reply and not necessarily surrounding what was going on here.....as i said, i have been reading and sharing things with others that it seemed like a good opportunity, in light of what was going on in that post as well, to just hopefully keep this in mind.
you know how tough brothers and sisters can get but they also get hurt in different ways.
in any case, i am glad that everyone is on board with this thought.
that's all....
happyass
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 05 Dec 2008, 15:20

Happy - did somebody say something to you that offended you lately ??? I think that anybody that feels offended should send PM to that person and get things settled and explained that way. Also, a third party never knows what is relationship between two corresponding members and what are their "inside jokes" and such and should not thus judge their correspondence.
I definitely know Corsie's humor and I knew that she would be most likely to laugh at what Lars and me said and absolutely not get offended.
Corsi - thanks for explaining situation here Image and I think that our frankness here is what makes this place different . If we all start "wearing white gloves" , this will become the most bleak and boring place on earth.
The threads would go like this:
" I have saw some blood today on my TP"
" Maybe it is nothing...
"Take more MOM"
"Call your CRS before you try anything"
"Try praying"
" BUT I feel so sad and frustrated : ("
"I take Prozac for that"
"I do not get frustrated"
"It can be normal"
"don't look !"
"Try praying"
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby happyass » 05 Dec 2008, 15:38

fissy and everyone, this is a general statement - open and not aimed at anyone in particular. that is all. it is a consideration, a reminder (if anyone needs it), otherwise, move along.
it's definitely not about making it mandatory about wearing white gloves, walking on egg shells, or what have you....it's a general statement. period. carry on peeps. however, if you think you have to PM someone to explain yourself, then it is very well possible that you might want to think twice about what you write.
as a moderator, i am just trying to make a general statement. nothing more. nothing less.
i am glad we all do get along and are very close as well despite being all over the world.
happyass
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 05 Dec 2008, 16:14

Maybe general statements should go in "Announcements" category Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Corsi » 06 Dec 2008, 06:30

About LIS, my CRS said that when the do LIS they cut as much as the fissure's length....have anybody else heard that before?
I think that sounds strange as a fissure may be long or short - it all depends on what stage in the healing the fissure is....?
According to what he said, if I were to have LIS in January when my sweet fissure was 3 cm. they would have cut 3 cm,!
and
if I were to have LIS at my last appointment when my fissure was 3 mm. they would cut 3mm.! It sounds so strange to me Image
...really strange.....
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby lars » 06 Dec 2008, 07:32

It sounds very strange. I had a 2 cm long fissure and my CRS didn`t cut 2 cm into the sphicter. I think cutting THAT much had destroy my muscle. I think it all depends on the skill of the surgeon. A good one knows how much to cut when he sees and feels the fissure.
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5