No LIS, more Botox...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: No LIS, more Botox...

Postby Corsi » 02 Dec 2008, 11:16

kindbum wrote: You have been through so much with years of digestion problems which were bad enough, now you have problems with it coming out. It is a disability though unseen and unappreciated so it makes it harder to deal with the isolation.

If it hadn't been so Image it would almost be funny...think about it - problems with getting out pooh Image
My CRS called me today, twice! We discussed LIS, or rather I said to him that I want it if I don't heal. He is still negative because he has patients struggling with it..., but we agreed that we would look into it again in January when I have my appointment. He want's to give me one more Botox. I tried to tell him how this destroys my life, and how Image this is. I think he will do LIS if I insists...
He called again to tell me to use Nitro again, so I will do it. Looking forward to the headache...
About the anti depressant, I will try therapy first... I know something has to happen, because I'm not myself these days...
Thank you girls, you are so Image
Snowflake Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 02 Dec 2008, 11:24

Corsi-
What kind of problems are his patients having with LIS? It can't be any worse than what you are going through. Do you have any good periods of the day or good days at all?
I know I have had to change my definition of good. It's all relative.
From what I have read, doing therapy and anti-depressants gives you more bang for your buck or (krone). Anti-depressants can at least increase your pain threshold and help you cope better with long term illness. Seriously, I do not work for Pfizer.

Postby Corsi » 02 Dec 2008, 11:28

kindbum wrote:Corsi-
What kind of problems are his patients having with LIS? It can't be any worse than what you are going through. Do you have any good periods of the day or good days at all?
I know I have had to change my definition of good. It's all relative.
From what I have read, doing therapy and anti-depressants gives you more bang for your buck or (krone). Anti-depressants can at least increase your pain threshold and help you cope better with long term illness. Seriously, I do not work for Pfizer.

You could have fooled me Image
They have incontinence problems. He told me that I would be painfree, but maybe incontinent...
You're right, it's all relative....
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 02 Dec 2008, 12:22

How are you feeling today? Are things any better now you upped the dose of movicol?
OCK..Does that mean he will give you another shot soon?
My surgeon said the same about the LIS but then he is not a CRS ! :flush:
Image Image Image
Just have to keep cosy Image maybe we can make a snowman ! Image

Postby Guest » 02 Dec 2008, 12:25

We had a 30% chance of snow here and my kids and I were hoping for a snowday.
If he has a lot of patients with incontinence problems that would be unusually high. Makes me want to get a second opinion.
Do you think I should become a drug rep? At least I would make a lot of money! Image

Postby cherylk » 02 Dec 2008, 12:53

I think we are supposed to get more snow tomorrow here in the Midwest.
Lecia,
Now that Lance is back in his group home, I am going to try to make those copies for you that I promised and I hope to send you some additional surprises for you and your girls. Image
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Corsi » 02 Dec 2008, 14:55

Tabby, I don't know what he wants to do, but I'm happy he is willing to discuss LIS and do it if I insists. I don't know if all those incontinent patients are his = that he has done LIS on them.
Remind me to ask him about that in January...
I'm doing #¤"=`^_;""#§ Tabby, that's all I can say. Sorry to use code like you, but as you can see it's a different code than you use Image
Yesterday, I freaked out and was so blue...then my hubby called out of the blue and told me that he would come home for lunch. He never does that, he works an hour away from here...
I'm not religious, but yesterday I felt that someone was watching over me....
Maybe you would become rich Lecia Image
Image Snowflake
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby pinky » 02 Dec 2008, 15:50

Dear Corsi,you should find out if ur crs's patients are having incontinence.my first crs was against LIS due to incontinence.i kept on insisting for LIS but he didnt do it.my 2nd crs saw my state and gave me the options of trying out botox first and then LIS.if i had a choose between incontinence and fissure,i wud choose the first one.i died everyday with pain and wished many times i cud sleep forever.i still have leaking stools which will take a while to stop but i dont have those horrible spasms anymore.how much is botox helping you?im glad botox didnt work on me as the risk of retear is higher and for me i felt i needed surgery.
Hope you can make the right decision.Take care corsi Image
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby pinky » 02 Dec 2008, 15:51

nice pic of Indira Gandhi
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Corsi » 03 Dec 2008, 03:48

The picture is for you Pinky Image
I am not sure how much Botox is helping me, I am a bit confused about how things are these days...
Are you leaving today? Have a nice trip Image
Corsi
King Fissure