No LIS, more Botox...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

No LIS, more Botox...

Postby Corsi » 22 Aug 2008, 08:46

My CRS called today and told me that they have decided not to do LIS on me, instead they want to give me more Botox. I am disappointed, but I really trust him.
....and the roller coaster ride continues.....
Corsica
Last edited by Anonymous on 25 Sep 2008, 02:10, edited 2 times in total.
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Re: No LIS, more Botox...

Postby Guest » 22 Aug 2008, 08:57

Gosh, that is a real disappointment. I figured since you didn't get the relief you needed with botox they would go ahead and do LIS. Are they not wanting to do it because you already have botox in your system? I am sorry. I know I would be upset having someone else making that decision for me like that. When do they want to do the botox?

I know Burnbuttgirl had it done and I think it took 3-4 injections for hers to be healed.

Postby Guest » 22 Aug 2008, 09:27

Oh No....Corsi i am sorry :(
More botox may just do the trick indeed !

Postby lars » 22 Aug 2008, 11:29

I don`t understand that decision. The botox should have worked by now...I hope don`t have to wait 3 more months for a refil. Hope you get a very big dose. It helped me 2-3 days. I had silent farts all the time those days. It was great and close to no pain :)
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby val » 22 Aug 2008, 14:03

Image thats a shame Corsi. But maybe he knows best and maybe you'll heal with the next shot.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby juney » 22 Aug 2008, 16:21

botox has been successful for at least one board member here. she had 3 rounds. if you're looking for a less aggressive means, botox is probably the way to go. otherwise, find a new dr who will do surgery! nothing is 100%, but trying everything can't hurt!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Jen » 22 Aug 2008, 23:10

Corsi -
I am sorry to hear that. However, there have been 2 botox success stories on the board that I know of (Patty & mypoopyhurtsme). There is no reason to think this won't work for you. Some people just need several injections.
Did the doctor say why he decided on this?
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Corsi » 23 Aug 2008, 02:02

They don't want to do LIS on me because they fear incontinence. The reason is that when they did the manometry test on me, my external sphincter was weak (the external was tight). And because I didn't have a manometry test before I had the first Botox, they cannot say if it is in fact weak, or if it is the Botox that is to blame.
They also think that my first Botox might have been given the wrong way, and because of that it doesn't work on me. They gave me local anaesthetics, and something in my vein so that I was gone during the procedure. The local anaesthetics shouldn't have been given because it causes problems when giving Botox (difficult to find the sphincter or something...).
When given my next Botox they want to use ultrasound so that they can administer it correctly....
I am really not looking forward to this, big Botox needles with no local anaesthetics and a big ultrasound up my.... Image Especially now when my fissure is calm and well behaved.
I am not overjoyed by the fact that they will put more poison inside me either, as I would never ever use it (or anything else like it) for cosmetic reasons..................but, I still trust my CRS and feel that he is taking me and my fear of incontinence seriously (given my history with celiac disease and sooo many years with digestionproblems).
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby val » 23 Aug 2008, 02:40

At least they have given you a detailed explanation and seem to know what they're talking about. Are these the same doctors who injected it in the wrong place last time
I can completely understand you not wanting toxins - I dont agree with cosmetic botox either. Did you have any ill-effects last time?
I really hope it works this time, it does sound scary with big needles etc., but maybe, like all these procedures, the thought of them is far worse than the reality.
When are you getting it done?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Corsi » 23 Aug 2008, 03:00

Val Image
No it is not the same doctor...this is the one I have seen since May. The one who injected the Botox was the one who said "I cannot relate....". They are both of them "colon/butt" experts at a university hospital so I have to trust them. He is a very nice and humane man.
It will be done next week he said, by him. He has just started given Botox, but since he is a butt doctor and has been given good advice by yet another expert at another hospital it should be OK.
Ill - effects? Difficult to say... I was very sore for a week after the Botox, both inside and outside. My butt was blue, purple, and kind of swollen. I also had a "prickly" pain as if I could feel the needle...difficult to describe.
I shouldn't complan Val, you have much more problems than me, Jo's son it sick, etc. I wish both of you could heal!!!
Corsica
Last edited by Corsi on 08 Apr 2009, 03:47, edited 1 time in total.
Corsi
King Fissure