No LIS, more Botox...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: No LIS, more Botox...

Postby Corsi » 27 Aug 2008, 02:41

:hi: everyone Image
Sorry I didn't write yesterday, I was like a blob on the sofa (like Val put it), I just chatted a bit with some of the tea girls in our new chatroom (Thanks Kim :truebud: )
I was completely worn out after the Botox and didn't really have the energy to talk to anybody but my family. I was awake during the procedure, and they gave me the Botox without local anaesthetic, and it was Image Image They didn't do it to torture me though :D , they wanted to do it this way so that it could be more precise. He used an ultrasound too, so I guess there was no escape for my internal sphincter Image
I have been dreading the ultrasound for days. I have imagined it to be BIG, so when he showed me this sweet little fingersized ultrasound thing I was SO relieved. My husband was there with me.
My butt feels numb and a little swollen, but it is difficult to say it is much better. He gave me Botox at 3, 6, and 8 o'clock, and he said that he could feel the sphincter release the pressure in two of them. I guess the next week will tell how successful it has been. I try to be realistic, and I will be careful with my diet, as I have learned that this can come back even it seems to be gone. Some of you have said that the first year is critical?
By the way, somebody else who is fed up with the fissure diet? I eat the same every day, it is kind of hopeless to always eat something else than the family...
Have had one BM today, and I used a lot of painkilling gel up my butt so that I could relax.
Patty: Did you feel instant relief? How was your BM after Botox?
Yes Tabby, that's one of my cats. On the picture she is watching the television. She is really cute, I love Image
Corsica
Last edited by Corsi on 08 Apr 2009, 03:50, edited 1 time in total.
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 27 Aug 2008, 06:05

Dear Corsi
It was lovely to chat with you lastnight Image
I hope you are feeling a little better today…
Your CRS sounds a nice guy and very precise in his work !
I love cats too Corsi , is your girl a ragdoll ??? she is very cute !!!
What a great photo !
I have 3 furbabes they make me smile regardless ! Image

Postby Jen » 27 Aug 2008, 06:06

Corsi -
There you are! I was wondering how it went for you!
That is good he felt the pressure release! Perhaps this is what is going to work for you then!
How was your BM after all this?
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 27 Aug 2008, 06:45

Glad that you could give us an update! I was wondering if you had posted somewhere yesterday and I missed how it went. Your doctor sounds so nice and precise about placement too. And the fact that he felt the release is great and a good sign. I hope this will do the trick for you. Let us know how it progresses if you feel like it and how your bottom feels. I am sure it is a strange sensation!

What is your cat watching?

Postby val » 27 Aug 2008, 08:03

Glad you're ok and its all over! It sounds terrifying Image without anaesthetic. It sounds like it may do the trick though.Hope this heals it for you without any more shots.

Hope you feel better soon. Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Corsi » 27 Aug 2008, 12:47

Jen
My BM was OK because I used a lot of Xylocain gel inside my.... to take the pain and relax. But it felt strange to go to the toilet, I could hardly press, I just sat there. My ass feels so numb and strange. I think he gave me a very high dose of Botox...
Tabby
What is a ragdoll? Furbabes = cats?
I have little or no pain today, it is just kind of uncomfortable down there - strange sensation that's for sure...
Image Corsica
Last edited by Corsi on 08 Apr 2009, 03:51, edited 1 time in total.
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 27 Aug 2008, 13:37

Awww Corsi !!!
That is one sweet babe Image
She has tabby markings just like mine !!! Hence my username !! Image
Furbabes are what I call my cats, ragdoll is a breed of cat ???

Postby Corsi » 29 Aug 2008, 01:38

Botox update
My butt still feels strange, but not as numb as the first 2 days. Today I had a BM without Xylocain painkilling gel and it was OK, just burning when I was done. Took a sitz bath and shower as always and it helped.
I really hope that I don't get a hard BM because I can hardly press, my butt is like a stranger to me Image
I sure can feel the fissure more now, and that there is something down there...
After the first two days with optimism - I am now so realistic when it comes to this fissure thing and I know that it's not over till it's over.
Lecia
How was your appointment with the gyn. yesterday?

Image Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby val » 29 Aug 2008, 03:14

glad its not so numb and seems to be improving. Does it feel the same as it was at this stage last time you had it done?
Hope you feel totally better soon. Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 29 Aug 2008, 03:58

Thats good you didnt feel the need for the painkiller gel !
I hope this is a sign that things are going to get better for you....
Keep postive Cosri :truebud:
xx